Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can Highways Agency Vehicles Do You For Speeding?

scorcher

I make a few trips a week between Jn 10 and 3 of the M25, and have noticed in the last few months a number of brand new 4 x 4s with 'jam sandwich' type paintjob, but with green and yellow (I think) checquers on the back, flashers on top and 'highways agency' lettering on the back.

What's that all about then?

Have noticed most cars drop down to the 70 mark when overtaking them, and have seen a couple parked up behind cars on the hard shoulder.

Who are these fellas and what do they do?

I make a few trips a week between Jn 10 and 3 of the M25, and have noticed in the last few months a number of brand new 4 x 4s with 'jam sandwich' type paintjob, but with green and yellow (I think) checquers on the back, flashers on top and 'highways agency' lettering on the back.

What's that all about then?

Have noticed most cars drop down to the 70 mark when overtaking them, and have seen a couple parked up behind cars on the hard shoulder.

Who are these fellas and what do they do?

Checking the state of the roads,any damage to either road,kerbs,barriers etc they report back to HQ, and then the cones come out :ph34r:

Found it:

- New traffic officer patrols working closely with the police to ensure incidents are cleared more quickly. Already patrolling major routes in the West Midlands, the patrols started on the M25 south of London in August and will be introduced to other parts of the Agency's strategic network over the next 12 months. Traffic officers help to get drivers moving again and deal with traffic management for incidents.

Seen a few of these round Leicester - they're a pain in the ***** as the traffic all slows down and then speeds up again as soon as they can read the Highway Agency stuff which is in tiny writing!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links