Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Problem With A Spider, It Keeps Coming Back!

Brettster

For the last 3 weeks Ive been collecting a spider, Im sure its the same one, as Its always hanging around the same area and it looks the same spider to me, I really cannot share my bedroom with a Spider, But I hate to kill them, Ive but this one outside in the front garden around 3 times this week so far, and a day or so later I'll find it again hanging out above my bed. its about 4" long and quite scary close up.

anyone have any humane suggestions?

this is a serious suggestion, you will need to move the spider...at least 200 meters away from your house......sometimes and its possible, you have to move it upto a mile away.

we have similer problems here, we have huge spiders 2cm bodys with legspans over 4"...the missus wants me to kill em.....but i just move them away from the house

For the last 3 weeks Ive been collecting a spider, Im sure its the same one, as Its always hanging around the same area and it looks the same spider to me, I really cannot share my bedroom with a Spider, But I hate to kill them, Ive but this one outside in the front garden around 3 times this week so far, and a day or so later I'll find it again hanging out above my bed. its about 4" long and quite scary close up.

anyone have any humane suggestions?

We know that 'fear' of things like spiders, or lightning are part of our evalution subliminal protection systerm but i F*****g hate them, and can't kill them!

Daddy long leggs:- no prob

Snakes :- no prob

Rates :- no prob

Wasps/ bees :- no prob

Ahmete :- nice bloke :D

Facts are we only suvived because of these primevile fears, get a cat :D they love the crunch/ biscuit effect :crybaby:

I dont mind spiders, I love to watch programs about them on TV, but Bee's and Wasp's I run a mile. Never had a Snake problem... yet.

I was LED to believe that a Daddy Long Legs, (not a craine fly) is the most posionous spider around, we are just lucky there fangs are not long enough to penetrate our skin!!!

I think my friend is a Wolf Spider, they sure can run...

Is it a fact or maybe an urban myth that we eat around 4 spiders a year in our sleep :sick:

Have heard that one too....

Had something similar while back...

Saw a HEEUUGE spid on my driveway.... walked around him... okay tip toe'd....

Went upstairs hour later after watching TV and it was in the landing looking at me....

I shat it and someone else removed it.... have a genuine phobia about them :sick:

Errrrr......you bunch of wimps!

In Lagos I used to get roaches 10" long on a regular basis and then spiders as hairy as a black girl's crack wandering around the bedroom. Sometimes when I was pi$$ed I didn't know which one to shag  :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Is it a fact or maybe an urban myth that we eat around 4 spiders a year in our sleep :sick:

Would that explain why im so fat then? :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: that mde me laugh out loud.. because i have been wondering why i have been getting fat... I must close my mouth at night

Would that explain why im so fat then? :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: that mde me laugh out loud.. because i have been wondering why i have been getting fat... I must close my mouth at night

i thought you had Bulimic amnesia :whistling:

thats where you eat and forget to throw up :lol:

We have these big yellow and black spiders in our poison Ivy at the back of the house. Twelve foot wall, ivy up and over, grown right the way along all the houses. Thousands of them in there.

They grab onto you and chew and chew. Don't seem to pierce right through the skin to draw blood, but certainly cause it to swell and leave nasty marks. They are so aggressive - they run onto you. I'll try and get some pics - they are massive.

Someone mention wasps? I've just had a bit of a battle.

I decided to put a camera through where they are (inbetween the joists of the house.) to see what I was dealing with. So, there I was, two boiler suits, thick sweatshirt, net curtain over my head. I then thought they may sting the top of my head where the net curtain was so I put a pan on my head as well.

Stuck the camera in on the end of a rod and the crafty little sods must have thought "who's this plonker on the end of that pole" and went ballistic.

So not only was I looking like a right pratt, I ended up running around the garden doing what looks like a tribal dance with a pan on my head getting stung. (Their sting goes through two boiler suits by the way. Wear someting thicker if you plan on doing anything.)

They also managed to get between the netting over my head and pan, so I kept hitting the pan which lodged it more on my head. I imagined being one of those people you see on cartoons in casualty with a pan on my head.

My other half got scared and locked the back door so I couldn't get back in again. Took ages before they settled down again.

This pic was at 10pm when everything was quiet. Thousands of them in the day.

nest.jpg

Hehehe that sounds soooo funny Geoff, its a shame you didnt film that, you would have deffo got it on youve been framed and won £250, maybe you can film the final attack on the hive? lol

I HATE WASPS

Well, that's the worst thing - you'd have thought I'd have learn't my lesson.

Thought I'd destroy them once and for all. So... I got some wasp nest destroyer and some small thin tubing. I thought I'd hit them from the room above. The idea was that I'd drill some very small holes (too samll for wasps to get back up) just above the nest and poke the tubing down. Then spray into each tube destroying the nest, wasps and larvae.

What could go wrong?

Well, picture this - you know the scene at the end of the Matrix where all the machines come flying in through the holes? Like that, only coming up through the floor. The idea was to block it as I took the drill bit out.

It was like a firework display. They didn't start stinging me straight away, it was only when I started putting duct tape over the holes and killed a couple. Amazing how small a hole wasps can get through. I wouldn't have thought it. Mind you, I didn't realise I could break dance until they started stinging me with NO protection at all on this time.

Anyway, good old fly and wasp spray got rid of them in the room (eventually) had to leave the room because I'd sprayed so much and couldn't breathe properly. (I couldn't even SEE properly).

Went back later and sprayed the nest destroyer (comes out like water) and straight into the top of the nest. You should have seen them all come out! Un-believable. Couldn't see much on the camera as it fogged up within a second or two which was a shame.

It's cleared now and the nest has pretty much fallen apart.

At least I know I'm not allergic to wasp stings............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links