Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

More Exhaust Probs

Lex-aholic

Do you ever get the impression that there are some things you just shouldn't have ? Well mine falls into the exhaust category.

For all those that didn't read my last moan :P I ordered a Peco exhaust from Halfords, which didn't fit when it turned up after 3 weeks. So I was pretty peeved and took it back and got a full refund.

I then went to Motorworld and ordered a Scorpion exhaust (on the promise that it will arrive in a couple of weeks time at the latest). That was on the 31st July !!

I've been on the phone again (3rd week running) chasing for this exhaust - which apparently has to be hand made. I told them I'm fed up with playing the waiting game, and I'll be popping in on the way home today and collecting my deposit. They've now got on the phone to Scorpion to find out where the exhaust is.

They have just this minute (as I am typing) rang me back and told me that the exhaust has been made, but is sitting with Scorpion waiting for someone to decide on what to do with - probably !! :angry: I told the bloke on the phone to tell Scorpion to stuff it, and I'll see him about 4:30ish for my refund - as they have now explained that the exhaust won't be with me until Thursday. They did sound as p1ssed off as me in all honesty. I asked him if I could speak to the area manager, who finally agreed that he will try to push Scorpion to deliver by next Tuesday at the latest, and they will also give me a 10% discount.

So I will now try to hang on till next Thursday at the latest - the problem is they have you by the balls really cuz if I pull out now it only means I have to wait for another supplier.

Oh well, that's my moan over for today - Thanks for listening. :D

Just another update - my Scorpion exhaust arrived today : Hooray :D

The ****s forgot to put the flange over the top of the exhaust, so it can't be fitted (without a complete weld to the other pipe - stuff that !) : Booooo :angry: They actually made a complete batch of them for Motorworld, and whole lot are knackered !!

So here I go again, on the hunt for an exhaust which costs around £250. Any suggestions where to go, or what to look for as this is now the third time I have to try and get an exhaust that fits my b***dy car !!

I'll tune back in tomorrow. See you again. :)

Just bought a Kazama myself last night :D You need to see one of these to believe the quality, all TIG welded, fully polished from tail pipe to flange and engraved for that extra touch, just superb.

I've seen the fit of em on others cars, and it sits very nice, especially if you have the TRD skirt. lets hope mine fits the same.

Just bought a Kazama myself last night :D  You need to see one of these to believe the quality, all TIG welded, fully polished from tail pipe to flange and engraved for that extra touch, just superb.

I've seen the fit of em on others cars, and it sits very nice, especially if you have the TRD skirt. lets hope mine fits the same.

Sounds very nice to me. I'm just waiting for a response to my e:mail to Prolex, as I wanted to ask about how long it will take to deliver and so on (as you can see from my previous experiences with other d-head companies, I don't want to be strung along again).

Is the exhaust box the cylindrical shape type ? It's just that the ones I ordered from the other companies had to be hand made to make the same shape of the exhaust on the Lexus now.

Im going to go against the grain and reccomend the Blueflame. Where you only get the rear section with the Kazama (I think) you get a whole 2 pieces from the cat back with the Blueflame (so it comes with a high flow silencer) and it increases the bore all the way back, rather than just from after the silencer. The pipework is also much straighter than if you retain the standard silencer and the Kazama, so you increase the ease of flow.

Thanks for the pics everyone - they're a great help.

The exhaust does look sweet.  I like shiny !! :D

Hope you don't think I'm a snob Fidgits, but if I'm to buy something like an exhaust I like to own it from new.  Thanks for the offer though bud :D

blueflame fitting and review

pics of blueflame with fitting

may help you on your quest

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links