Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Not Very Horny

GALLA_4

Do the IS200 front horns earth off the bracket and body in order to work?

I painted my horns red and now they dont work any more. Could the paint be not allowing return current to the Battery negativer terminal? as I noted there only seems to be one wire going into the connector of the horn (LIVE)?

Help

**********PROBLEM FIXED*********

I removed the paint from the brackets and they are all horny now again!

Its always the simple things!

Thanks Guys!!!!!

Scareface or any Moderators Please thrash this thread !!!

Don't trash the thread just yet, I bought some aftermarket horns recently, too embarrassed to use the standard horn. Just like the horn on my CRX the noise it makes it pathetic!

Anyway as there is only one wire on the standard horn, how do I go about installing the new on with two wires?

Thanks,

Ash

Personally I'd go for the PIAA Sport Horns I got on mine. £30,Good sound off them, not the "Sorry could you move" noise that are standard.

I think the Jap culure is far too polite on the roads :lol:

I want my horns to say "Get out the F*cking Way NOW"

Happy Hunting

Ash, one of the wires will be for the earth, you can place this wire between the bracket and the body of the car and the other attaches to the live feed.

Thank you kind Sir! Will give it a go over the w/e.

Thanks,

Ash

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links