Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Shelf Help

Guys I have just bought some pioneer Emotion speakers for front and rear to go with my Pioneer HU.

Here are the bad boys below:

PIONEER-TS-E6996.jpg

PIONEER-TS-E1796.jpg

With the rear shelf I want to have the speakers on show and I dont want to have to use the Lexus speaker covers. Is it possible to just rip off the rear speaker covers and use the speaker covers provided with my new Pioneer ones?

I plan to reline the back shelf with a black suede material because no doubt if I take off the OEM speaker covers you will see 2 square outlines left behind.

Will my new speakers fill up the holes completely or are the speaker holes in the shelf bigger resulting in my Pioneers going down through the rear shelf holes?

GALLA_4

Guys I have just bought some pioneer Emotion speakers for front and rear to go with my Pioneer HU.

Here are the bad boys below:

PIONEER-TS-E6996.jpg

PIONEER-TS-E1796.jpg

With the rear shelf I want to have the speakers on show and I dont want to have to use the Lexus speaker covers. Is it possible to just rip off the rear speaker covers and use the speaker covers provided with my new Pioneer ones?

I plan to reline the back shelf with a black suede material because no doubt if I take off the OEM speaker covers you will see 2 square outlines left behind.

Will my new speakers fill up the holes completely or are the speaker holes in the shelf bigger resulting in my Pioneers going down through the rear shelf holes?

GALLA_4

the rear speaker holes are huge, those will probably drop straight through get some 6mm mdf make two big ovals and cut out holes for your 6x9's in them. You will have to make a new mounting for the high level break light tho.

I have managed to mount two 8" subs in the wholes with 24mm of mdf and keep them concealed under original covers. Not sure what they sound like yet though, or if the shelf will handle them. Had considered making a new MDF shelf to sit on top with the subs in, making a stronger mount for them. They are running free air into the boot, no enclosure needed :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links