Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Buying A Is200

hi, im new to these forums and thinking of buying a is200. i was just wondering if theres any common problems or anything i should look out for when buying one? im thinkin of buying a older is200 as im abit skint and only 21, the newer it gets the higher the insurance :( thanks for any help

adrian

hi, im new to these forums and thinking of buying a is200. i was just wondering if theres any common problems or anything i should look out for when buying one? im thinkin of buying a older is200 as im abit skint and only 21, the newer it gets the higher the insurance :( thanks for any help

adrian

apart from the usual checks when buying any used car, not much goes wrong with is200, the only thing that comes to mind is 'ERR 3' code on stereo, and some have a baulky gear change 1st to 2nd, although this is more of a trait than a fault. you'll probably find the altezza is cheaper than an is200, although basically the same car. (search the forum for differences in engines etc)

edit..or what that link above says

not really sure on budget, cant make my mind weather to buy all out or have a 2nd hand one on finance from lexus dealer because they would give me a good deal as we've had 2 new from there before. whats sorta price would is a good buy for an early is?

oh and thanks for the link, much appreciated

well, it depends on what you want, and how much your willing to spend..

you could pick up a reasonable 2000 car for around £8k (make it 9-10 from a dealer though).

A 3 year old for under £15k...

Have a look for the revision thread - to see if there are any features you want (curtain airbags etc), that will help narrow down the year best for you....

But my advice - Full service history - average mileage, cant go wrong, they are very reliable, well built... and just bear in mind, with a new one on the horizon, the newer the car you buy, the bigger the depreciation hit you'll take...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links