Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Load Space..

Fidgits

Okay, i'm sure your all aware of the load space issues in the IS...

Which for me, isnt normally a problem...

Except, when i do finally move into my new house - im going to need DIY and IKEA stuff (such as stepladders, free standing lamps, shelves, table and chairs etc)...

and this is where the IS falls flat on its face...

So - the options I have found so far...

1. Hire a van for a day, try and get everything in the single day - hope Ikea actually has stock.

2. Vauxhall 3 day test drive - would need to plan far in advance, and know when it would be best, but could get Zafira and save the rental cost...

3. Pay through the nose for delivery..

I do have DIY stores locally, and worst case, one of them is walking distance (just at the bottom of a steep hill!) - but Ikea is a good 30-45 min drive...

So, i was hoping the ever resourceful LOC would be able to offer other ideas to how I may solve this dilemma..

nice idea - just has a couple of flaws...

1. finding somewhere that does same day deliveries

2. finding everything i want in that one place...

3. the cost...

To be honest, i think the best bet is going to be hire a van for a day...

just take the IS to ikea, follow what all the others do and try and squeeze a double bed and wardobe into the boot

its entertainment just to watch some of them :lol:

i have a astra estate you can borrow, also have an ikea nearby :)

yeah - but there is no way i'm adding a trailer or roof bars to my car!!

And thanks for the offer Barrie, but i think its a bit too far...

oh, why cant ikea do online shopping - although argos is another option, but i find their furniture cheaper and flimsier...

yeah - but there is no way i'm adding a trailer or roof bars to my car!!

And thanks for the offer Barrie, but i think its a bit too far...

oh, why cant ikea do online shopping - although argos is another option, but i find their furniture cheaper and flimsier...

If you bought all your stuff from MFI it will come in small packages (but you will have to put them all together yourself) :D

no MFI around here mate....

although in all honesty, i've only been in Ikea once, and really dont want to again - its just a shame they have the style of furnature i like..

does anyone know the approximate load space if you remove the headrest and fully recline the passenger seat?

no MFI around here mate....

although in all honesty, i've only been in Ikea once, and really dont want to again - its just a shame they have the style of furnature i like..

does anyone know the approximate load space if you remove the headrest and fully recline the passenger seat?

Oh man, don't go marking the Lex. :crying:

Rent-a-van, that's what I'd rather do.

Forget the IS Ian, you will mark something and you will find even if the space inside is bigger than the boot you will struggle to get stuff through the doors.

If it was me I would order everything in advance ( over the phone if possible ) for you to collect on a give day / days. Check first that Vauxhall are still doing the 3 day test drive ( I have read they are selling all the extra cars they had to use off ) and go for that if they coincide. If not go for the van.

I had the same problem as u Ian, my 3 series couldnt take most of the stuffs i got for my house, and the IS or any medium size family car doesnt have the load spaces either (specially with the IS, its too nice to use for as an shopping trolly :D :D :D ), so the best thing is either an roof rack or a trailers, or just have to go back and fort to get your stuffs for the house... ;) ;) ;) ;) and btw i chosen roof rack..... :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Just a thought, but how much is a daily bus pass ?? You could always get a bus pass for the day (if a bus takes you to IKEA), buy the products one at a time from IKEA and load them onto the bus. Surely they can't deny you from buying products and using the seat next to you for storage, or even the pram loading bay part. What about all these old grannys with their trolleys on buses ? This could save you alot of money, and pee off bus users !! :D :D

Just a thought, but how much is a daily bus pass  ??   You could always get a bus pass for the day (if a bus takes you to IKEA), buy the products one at a time from IKEA and load them onto the bus.  Surely they can't deny you from buying products and using the seat next to you for storage, or even the pram loading bay part.  What about all these old grannys with their trolleys on buses ?  This could save you alot of money, and pee off bus users !! :D  :D

:sick::sick: that is just something else mate :tomato: :tomato: :tomato::tomato::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links