Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Has anyone fitted a CF bonnet to a black car, I'd like to take a look if anyone has pictures.

Personally not a big fan of Carbon Fibre on a car. On a light car looks a bit Taxi-like for my taste :tomato:

No offence LOC members - each to there own etc etc :D

Saying this after seeing Taz_1 swap his CF bonnet off his Silver Lex to the Black Altezza - much better effect IMO

Colour coded to the car, bang on. Would definately suit you sir on your black beast :D

Come on Officer Scarface - Its been 10 minutes and still no Mr Morse CF Bonnet Photoshopped Image :lol:

Whats going on - You dragging you A** Boy :P

Mr Morse, The vehicle is looking fabulous mate, what headlights might they be?

I is liking them lots :D

Come on Officer Scarface - Its been 10 minutes and still no Mr Morse CF Bonnet Photoshopped Image :lol:

Whats going on - You dragging you A** Boy :P

Mr Morse, The vehicle is looking fabulous mate, what headlights might they be?

I is liking them lots :D

They are the stock HID's Chris, it's the CF eyelids that makes her look evil :devil:

Loving the :devil: eyes on your beasty - How olds the vehicle cos mines 2000 not HID but I got the Shi**y orange indicators on mine originally and the ones I bought are black inside but still the same indicator as shown below

post-10191-1124556331.jpg

And worse of all 2 days ago found half a gallon of condensation in one :crybaby:

Dec 2003 - the HID's are standard on the IS300

Standard!!!!!

Thats not fair :crybaby:

Will have to get my headlights sorted out now - thinking of opening them up, removing the orange indicators and have an idea about colour coding the inner headlights to the car! What do you reckon? HID kit on the cards to.....

As we don't all have them as STANDARD :whistling::lol:

Still loving the car though :D

Mr Morse i will try an get a pic uploaded for u 2morow. C/F on black does look good, i is getting boot-lid too.

Smokin' :D

Whaddya have, plain or vented?

Doesn't really matter, just want so see how it looks on the black but if I decide to go for it will go for a vented lid

I do declare Taz_1 has a standard CF bonnet, but a vented bonnet defo suit your vehicle.

Trust me - Go on take the gamble and buy that bonnet right now :D

I declare that the purpose of the vented hood will be required to dissipate the heat generated that the J2Z-G(T)E will be producing :ph34r:

the carbon pattern you've used is too big. drop the pixel size of the checkered area to get a smaller carbon weave look.

hmm...... I did like carbon bonnets on black cars as they are not so 'in your face' but I'm thinking that a fibreglassed one with decent ventage to the same colour would look meaner, lighter and would do the job.

caarbon on a white car? now that would have to be done!

To be honest Mike I wouldn't do the carbon bonnet on your car, or if you do decide to do it for performance reasons, maybe paint it black to match, maybe even a trick paint job which left some of the carbon exposed may be an idea, ie follow the lines of the car, but otherwise it just reminds me of the endless Ford's you see on the road with non-matching bits! Hard to describe but I was thinking at one point about doing the car like that, but with a trick paint job, ie imagine the bonnet, think where you have the two folds which come down towards the grille area from the top of the bonnet, leave the middle exposed but on the outer edge of the folds have that painted to match the car. There was a US car that imho was done perfectly, I'll try to find a pic sometime.

It looks right on Granite as it's grey - tell you what mate, you buy it, and if it doesn't look right I'll buy it off you for £50 :P

why not get the whole kit done?

00_is300ccc1front4.jpg

00_is300ccc1rear5.jpg

00_is300ccc1side4.jpg

its not my cup of tea on something as classy as a lex.

i'm with aido, it would suit granite sky, or if done for performance, should have a thin coat of black paint.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links