Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Shock/horror

Decided to get the front wheels balanced as I was getting a little bit of pull to the left. Guy proceed to jack up the car, take off the rim and place it on the balancing machine. Spins the wheel and puts down the protective shield over the wheel while its spinning. To my shock and his horror when he lifted the wheel off the balancer it was all scoured in a circle on the face of my 18" Toora T950!!

I nearly lamped him right there and then! He told me "Ahh I can airbrush that! You'll never know it happened!"

Cutting a long story short he is buying me a new 18" Toora T950 rim! Also he is repairing the wheel he marked for free so I can use it as my spare! He wont be balancing the new rim though! Just thought I would share my little bit of pain with ye! At least I got a satisfactory resolution. Its amazing what a threat to bust his head can do :D

To my shock and his horror when he lifted the wheel off the balancer it was all scoured in a circle on the face of my 18" Toora T950!!

This happened to me last year and the garage denied all knowledge of it, luckily corrosion occured a couple of months after and I had the alloys replaced under warranty. It really p's me off when garages know how much rims cost and they should treat them with respect.

Glad you sorted it anyway :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links