Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Planning A Trip To The Uk, Where To Go?

Stopher

As i have one week of at the job in early september, i'm planning on driving over to the UK. The reason is simple: Here in cold Norway it's allmost impossible to get a hold of mod's for my Lexus, and if i buy for instance a new exhaust system over the net, the shipping prices will be scary... And since i'm no good at installing such things, it will cost me a great deal of money to get it fitted too...

So i have decided to drive there myself and buy everything i can afford and get it fitted while i'm there... This will actually save me quite some money, and i get to go on a little vacation too...

Anyway, the thing i'm wondering is where to go? and whom to speak to?

I'm mainly after cat-back stainless exhaust like the Kazama, and induction kit, and get my rear lights tinted... Maybe if my budget allows it, some Xenon headlights...

Any ideeas guys?

if i was you, i would speak to both TDi and Pro-lex - see what they can offer for your budget (and push for a discount for buying lots of things)..

Both should be able to provide fitting services... so it comes down to availability and pricing...

Bring your own food!!!

food in the UK sucks :angry: dont eat at motorway services, way over priced garbage. :yack: :yack: wouldent give it to the dog!!. I dont know how they get away with it. and its not just the motoways, so be carefull where and what you eat.

Newport is absolutely right food on the go/fast food is not only expensive but ******* over here.

Probably better sourcing your stuff from prolex and tdi like the chaps have already said as there is not much up north for the lexus.

I was thinking of London, but the boat docks in Newcastle.. Is it a long drive there? Thanks for the preorder tip! it would suck to come all that way for "sorry, sold out"... I am planning to make the stay as cheap as can be, so i can afford alot of goodies... But in London that might be a problem, i don't know... Actually i have never been in the UK, i have been way to focused on the countries far far away... It's a shame...

Both Pro-lex and TDI have shops? not just netshops? if so that is just great! Is there any meetings happening around the time im there? It would be neat to meet some of you! To me you are all just lexus geniuses with cool avatars B)

And bodykits... Does Pro-lex or TDI deliver such things?

Thanks alot for the help guys, really appreciate it! :D

Prolex haven't got a shop as such but if you PM Prolex (Dave Ellen) with what you want, i'm sure he could order it for you for when you get here.

Prolex also have a garage they use up north in Charlesworth near Manchester (PM Gord) and maybe you could have the stuff sent up there and fitted.

Also cheaper up north than London :D

Thats nice to hear... Think i will contact Pro-lex for prices and ask about the fitting etc.... Should be able to get a good price since i'm buying several items and i'm gold? (i hope)

I'm seriously thinking about the turbo or S\C to... what would you say is the best choise? after all, i'm not good at the mechanical stuff, so it would have to be easy to maintain...

An s/c is excellent and can be fitted in a day around £2500ish. Gives you at least an extra 50bhp. If you're also getting exhaust etc should be wicked.

Turbo a bit more money but also a lot of work involved fitting and is recommened to upgrade handling, braking etc but more bhp :D

hmm...this Turbo kit is cheaper that the S\C... Is it any good? I have friend here that just finnished fitting one on his Primera, and he said he would help me fit it... £2500 is alot of money for 50bhp it think... Worth it probably, but still... no vacation for me and my girlfreind next year :blush:

hmm...this Turbo kit is cheaper that the S\C... Is it any good? I have friend here that just finnished fitting one on his Primera, and he said he would help me fit it... £2500 is alot of money for 50bhp it think... Worth it probably, but still... no vacation for me and my girlfreind next year  :blush:

Hi

this is the kit we do.............its not a bolt on job.............instructions are for a honda civic..............looking at a solid weeks work plus waiting time for them to send the correct bits to you.

also the apex afc thingy is not required as we do our own thing !

would love to sell you some stuff if you come over :winky: most stuff is in stock but pm me a wish list to make sure :winky:

can get it fitted for you either in london or nr manchester no problems

Great! I have just been on the phone with a friend of mine, she is currently at LIPA in Liverpool and she says i can stay at her place when i'm visiting. So if you can help me install the mods near manchester that would be great!! (Liverpool and Manchester are close, arn't they?)

Think i will wait to do the turbo kit, but the exhaust and induction kits are for sure!

Witch prices could you give me for these bits: (if i buy them all at the same time)

The ones over the line are MUST have... The others depend on price, and everything must be ink. fitting :)

Kazama exhaust

Apexi induction kit

----------------------

Xenon headlights (HID?)

Dark tinted rear lights (in exhange for stock ones)

TRD boot lip

Full bodykit (Cwest front, rear, sides)

Brake disks

brake disks

bodykit

Hope i can make myself understood, the english is a bit poor :o

Cheers, and thanks for all the response!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links