Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Question For Tdi & Prolex

jasper

Hi guys,

I have finally paid off my is200 and am ready to start modifications. I have a just ordered a set of new wheels and some lowering springs from prolex and a silent hi-power from another member.

I asked a question quite a while ago regarding engine mods but didnt really get a definative answer.

So here goes - I am looking to reach approximately 200bhp without going down the forced induction route (maybee as an add-on later). I am looking at buying from prolex the performance cat and manifold, from tdi the modified cylinder head, ecu, induction kit and also a tune on the rolling road.

What do you guys between the two of ya think can be achieved with these mods?

Aslo, if this is not near the 200 mark, what else can be done i.e. uprated internals and if so what would be the cost?

The reason for the uprated internals is that I may go down the nos route at a later date.

Thanks in advance

Jasp

You won't get another 50bhp out of an IS200 without going down the NOS/forced air route.

All that uprating the internals will buy you is the capability to handle the additional power and that only really applies in the case of a turbocharger.

From what you're saying, you want to spend loads of money for little bhp gain :huh:

Why not do the s/c / turbo conversion first, and will be cheaper. Then you can uprate internals when it'll be needed :)

personally I'd ask whoever you choose to come up with some dyno figures for the goods on offer.

you will then be able to make a decision based on evidence rather than hearsay.

I'd tnd to agree with Fargo on going for a s/c first as its a straight 205 gain for £3k fitted (less if you are a DIYer !)

u guys away on holiday?

aslo have you received my order prolex for the springs and wing mirror closure?

I dont think either TDI or Prolex have exact dyno figures yet for manifolds etc.

PM Gord he's got the Prolex manifold and will be doing an after rolling road with it :)

u guys away on holiday?

aslo have you received my order prolex for the springs and wing mirror closure?

got a day job as well :D Zee's close friend is in intensive care so we are struggling.

got your order today & spring are on there way should be next week (early)

TDi's manifold is still under development i'm LED to believe

no dyno for ours (waiting for Gord :whistling: )

If you’re looking to get 200bhp NASP you will most likely need to run high/higher compression. With forced induction ideally you would want to run lower compression, so there is a conflict between the two set-up. You need to decide whether you want to go all out NASP (expensive for small gains) or go forced, you can’t really mix the two together.

IMHO I’d go the SC route, more bang for your $$$’s and less complicated.

HTH,

Ash

Hi guys,

I have finally paid off my is200 and am ready to start modifications. I have a just ordered a set of new wheels and some lowering springs from prolex and a silent hi-power from another member.

I asked a question quite a while ago regarding engine mods but didnt really get a definative answer.

So here goes - I am looking to reach approximately 200bhp without going down the forced induction route (maybee as an add-on later). I am looking at buying from prolex the performance cat and manifold, from tdi the modified cylinder head, ecu, induction kit and also a tune on the rolling road.

What do you guys between the two of ya think can be achieved with these mods?

Aslo, if this is not near the 200 mark, what else can be done i.e. uprated internals and if so what would be the cost?

The reason for the uprated internals is that I may go down the nos route at a later date.

Thanks in advance

Jasp

There was a great post a couple of months ago .. by someone (forgot who) .. which gave a superb breakdown of what you can do to get hp increases on NA... it goes into detail as to ... if u do this .. u get 200-210 .. if u do this .. then u get 230-240 .etc etc.

OLE promised to bookmark it, so maybe u should PM him to get the thread ....

It was

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links