Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Got My Aero Sport 18" Alloys Replaced Today

derekyau

Hi all,

Just got my front 2 Lexus 18" Sport alloys replaced today due to corrosion.

Corrosion on the 18" is no where near as common as the 17" alloys (which are diamond cut), but it still exists... :excl:

I was actually a few days over the 3 year manufacturer's warranty, but Lexus Croydon helped me put in a "Customer Relations" claim, and they offered to replace the front 2. :D

I had to pay for the labour of swapping the existing tyres over etc.

Pics of the corrosion beginning:

gallery_8417_45_28518.jpg

gallery_8417_45_114695.jpg

gallery_8417_45_99986.jpg

A bit annoying that if/when it next happens, it wont be under any sort of warranty. Why can't it be fixed permanently :question:

That's all folks!

D.

Thats a result to get new wheels just from that level of corrosion B) , doesn't even look that harsh in the pics mate.

I would have thought they would have to get worse, but I suppose corrosion is corrosion

Why can't it be fixed permanently  :question:

Not sure if this is true but I was told that because of the hot brake dust hitting the wheels, any alloy will start corroding eventually unless you clean them regularly and protect them with some kind of wax

Obviously the 17s corrode way too fast and there is a clear problem, but with the level of corrosion you've got after 3 years, seems they're doin ok :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links