Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nissan Figaro

postie

I know this is probably the wrong place to discuss non-lexus cars but i am baffled and am relying on the collective brains in LOC to help me!

Basically missus postie is on the verge of purchasing a Figaro (i believe there was one at JAE anyone got piccies?). Its a 14 year old car made out in the 50's retro style. Anyway we went to see one in Surrey it had trade plates on but was obviously a one man working from home? job. Mrs P fell in love with it so decided to buy. Seller is asking £750 deposit as a cheque tomorrow and the balance of £6000 as a bankers draft on delivery (saturday). The seller's first name is Patrick but wants the cheque made out to someone else. Is this Kosher or should we run a mile? any comments would be appreciated.

i would say be carefull

he is probably evading tax, possibly a trader in disguise

there are lots of figaros for sale, most at about twice the price they were a couple of years ago !!

unless you are 100% sure i would walk away, theres plenty more around, and believe it or not they arnt that easy to sell, they have a limited fan club, normally consisting of people who love the concept but arent willing to actually drive one around

:D

I'd find another one. If he wants the cheque made out in someone else's name, who's to say he's called Patrick at all? Walk away.

They start at £2,500 on AutoTrader. Closest one to you is at Clark Commercials (about 8-10 miles away from you), priced at £4,185. Take the missus to see it, then tell this alleged "Patrick" that he can f'cough.

They look great them, always seem to have realy pretty girls in them when I see em :)

I didnt think they were Nissan though, do they have a Datsun badge on them (I know it's the same company, just thought I saw a "D" on the front of them - I thought it was a Diahtsu or whatever)

They look great them, always seem to have realy pretty girls in them when I see em :)

I didnt think they were Nissan though, do they have a Datsun badge on them (I know it's the same company, just thought I saw a "D" on the front of them - I thought it was a Diahtsu or whatever)

they are definetly nissan,

20000 were built in 1990/1991

on a micra base with a turbocharged 1.0 engine

a similar car is the Daihatsu Copen

history lesson:

datsun was the original company started in 1914 under the name dat

name changed to datsun in 1931

new ownership and new name "nissan" came in 1934

although the cars were still marketed as datsuns until 1983

:D

<yawn>

Only kidding! Never knew that, Bazza. Learn something new every day.

LOC - more combined knowledge than Wikipedia!

Spotted one of those Figaros a few weeks back, didn't know they were by Nissan. At first glance you think "hey, that's in good nick for an old banger", then it's "hang on - why's that car H-reg?"

I know this is probably the wrong place to discuss non-lexus cars but i am baffled and am relying on the collective brains in LOC to help me!

Basically missus postie is on the verge of purchasing a Figaro (i believe there was one at JAE anyone got piccies?). Its a 14 year old car made out in the 50's retro style. Anyway we went to see one in Surrey it had trade plates on but was obviously a one man working from home? job. Mrs P fell in love with it so decided to buy. Seller is asking £750 deposit as a cheque tomorrow and the balance of £6000 as a bankers draft on delivery (saturday). The seller's first name is Patrick but wants the cheque made out to someone else. Is this Kosher or should we run a mile? any comments would be appreciated.

My mum has one and is very happy with it. I was lacking a manual so I got one from:

www.figarobits.co.uk

He now imports and sells them as well.

Can one do a HPI on an imported car?

Yes, no problem as long as you have the reg.

On the topic I saw one last week and thought WTF is that, 1000cc turbo :D

Quirky car but if only 20,000 made it could be a good investment.

• 1 month later...

just to close the thread. All went well with the purchase despite the kerfuffle with documents. The missus is over the moon! Thanks for all the advice!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links