Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Shipping By Sea - Port & Customs Query

scorcher

I'm getting a vintage American cigarette vending machine from a fella in the US for my gallery, which has been adapted to sell small items of original art...

macine.gif

...thing is the bloke sending it to me hasn't sent one outside of the USA before, and isn't sure of the procedure once it's left foreign shores.

I've got to collect it from Southampton docks when it arrives - anyone know what the deal will be with customs? And will I have to pay duty other than VAT, as it will be shipped as a piece of art?

Ta!

depends on how much he sells it to you for and how much he declares on the Customs slip.

He could say he is a relation and is giving you the machine or passing it down from the family.. then you wont need to be anything.

Contact your local vat office, they can be very helpful. The dilema is the declared value. Too high and vat and any duty could be quite a sting, too low and if anything goes wrong you will get a low insurance payout. Looks like a nice piece of Americana.

I have a factory in Southampton so if you need it shipping a few miles outside the docks give me a shout.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links