Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

K&N Typoon Has Increased Mpg!

After all the "claims" that the induction kit increases MPG ................ I tried it yesterday, somewhat 1,000+ miles after installing it ............ and it has increased !

Before the K & N I was getting 325 miles on a full tank (both town and motorway)

Now I get 370 miles to a full tank !

So it does actually increase MPG ....................... :D

You sure you drive an IS300?

(or have you just badged it as such :lol: :P)

That is excellent fuel economy! I have to drive sloooow to get over 300 miles from a tank in mixed (motorway/town) driving. :blush:

Well Done. :D

It's just the badge ! :D

:lol:

Seriously howver I do agree with people that say engine mods like a supecharger/induction kit increase fuel economy. The car is in a lower rev range for more of the time so hence less fuel used. I bet a supercharged IS200, if driven sensibily will easily be more economical then a normal IS200.

Recently I got over 220 miles from half-tank of petrol! It was all motorway driving at a painfully slow 56 - 60mph when on a family trip out (i was following someone else). The car was hardly ever in the VVTI zone apart from on slip roads. The other half tank of petrol dissapeared quickly when I was driving on my own and around town! :whistling:

The IS300 will always return better MPG over a long run than the IS200 since the Power : Weight ratio is higher - means less fuel to move more metal.

However around town the IS300 is much worse, I'm luck to get 18 MPG with all the stop/start/stop/start :huh:

The IS300 will always return better MPG over a long run than the IS200 since the Power : Weight ratio is higher - means less fuel to move more metal.

However around town the IS300 is much worse, I'm luck to get 18 MPG with all the stop/start/stop/start :huh:

on that theory the monster must be very economical........... :whistling:

on that theory the monster must be very economical........... :whistling:

Think The Monster works the other way - how many Gallons per Mile :hehe:

I got 450 miles from a tank driving down from Scotland in the turbo'd Prolex flyer.............

and we were not dawdling  :whistling:

I sense a potential new marketing strategy comming on? :whistling:

Yes dear...getting a Turbo makes the car more economical -THATS why I need it. :P

TBH, I do think some of it is psychological - its difficult to really calculate MPG without a proper onboard trip computer. :mat:

And it does make a big difference on the split of motorway cruising, and town driving. :driving:

MY trip up and down to JAE from Mitcham was very economical (not filled back up yet to calculate "exact" MPG, but have done 200 miles on half a tank...) :huh:

Just worth bearing in mind. ;)

D.

Mate, I hear what you are saying ........ and I would probably agree with mods such as the Ground Earthing Kit ............ however, I see those figures on my dash ....

.... and they were a lot higher after I put the K & N on ........ that's not a mind thing ! ;)

Mate, I hear what you are saying ........ and I would probably agree with mods such as the Ground Earthing Kit ............ however, I see those figures on my dash ....

.... and they were a lot higher after I put the K & N on ........ that's not a mind thing !  ;)

LOL! Fair enough man. Just that there's sooo many factors into working out MPG manually (I mean, I try to do it). But say cruising at 60 compared with 70 uses something like 30% more fuel (not sure on exact values, but it is very significant from what I remember), many posts regarding Shell Optimax, BP Ultimate etc.

There's plenty of info about factors that affect fuel economy such as here, here, here and here

Not offcially read/heard anywhere to say performance mods = better fuel economy, but a bit of logical thinking suggests it would (e.g. more power for same revs etc.)

I'll see as well then when I get my Prolex IK!

BTW, what rate comission U getting from ProLex? :winky:

D.

Thats impressive!!

I managed 21mpg std. (290miles)

Now £50 worth of optimax i getting a whooping 180miles :crybaby:

But thats the best 180miles i'll tell yah :winky:

The IS300 will not return better MPG over an IS200. People has got high 30 mpg from a 200 on a run. You won't get than with a 300.

Just been trying to gauge my mpg, reckon I'm getting about 400 miles to a tank, with mixed round town and dual carrigeway driving.

took just over £53 quid to fill up @ 86p/liter so 62 liters

62 liters = 13.64 gallons

was pretty much bang on 400 miles so 400/13.64 = 29.3mpg

The IS300 will not return better MPG over an IS200. People has got high 30 mpg from a 200 on a run. You won't get than with a 300.

Autocar (who are considered to be fairly unbiased) quote the following fuel consumption figures:

MPG: test/touring

IS200: 21/29

IS300: 26/31

How much of a problem is the oil on the K&N (namely it fouling the sensor)? I'd rather use an Apexi (dry) filter on the end of a pipe similar to that found in the K&N kit, does anyone know of anyone selling the pipe separately?

How much of a problem is the oil on the K&N (namely it fouling the sensor)?  I'd rather use an Apexi filter on the end of a pipe similar to that found in the K&N kit, does anyone know of anyone selling these separately?

You can get them separatley ... my K n N is fine now .............. done over 1,400 with it on ............ it's great ! ........ rooooooooooooooooooar :whistling:

You can get them separatley ... my K n N is fine now .............. done over 1,400 with it on ............ it's great ! ........ rooooooooooooooooooar  :whistling:

Where from?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links