Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Feltham Tyre Centre, Slough

If you want to get your wheel alignment done I'd suggest from personal experience that you AVOID:

Feltham Tyre Centre (a branch of Hi-Q)

414 Farnham Road

Slough

Berkshire

SL2 1JA

I took my car there after trying two other places to properly balance my wheels. They did a good job of the wheel balancing. They showed me the reason why other companies had failed was that the front tyres had deformed because of being so badly balanced. So I trusted them to check/correct the wheel alignment too.

On their first attempt they left the settings in spec but the rear camber and toe was very different between left and right. The car felt awful to drive. I'd told the technician that the car was lowered and he said that it made no difference.

I took it back and the manager was very arrogant and said that it was because the car was lowered and that was as close as they could get the camber. He said without different specs for a lowered car they couldn't do it. (Hmmm but had still taken my money.) I realised afterwards that from what has been posted elsewhere that although one side might not go less negative because of the lowering springs they should have been able to make the other side more negative to match. I checked with Tony Bones and he confirmed this and was not impressed with the settings that they'd come up with.

So I went back again with some suggested settings Tony had come up with. The manager was on holiday and the technician had a another go. He left the camber more negative than it needed to be at the rear, out of spec according to both Lexus and Tony's suggested settings. He also made a mess of the front.

Realising that they didn't really seem to understand what they were doing and didn't seem capable of doing the job I gave up and took it to Tony. He set it up with all the right settings and the car drives really nice now. Its much more relaxing to drive probably because before I was constantly correcting the steering.

Many thanks to Tony :D

Its easy for me to just 'pants' another company, but i wont, and i dont, we could see that the geo was set without understanding all the forces involved.

I warn you this, and i warn you all.........get a print out, it speaks volumes

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links