Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How To Disable Speed Alarm The Comes On 120km/h

Hi, this is my first post here , I used to be a member in us forum, and they adviced me for this issue to ask guys in this forum,

in my country there is a kind of request for all cars exported to SAUDI Arabia to have a speed alarm at 75m/h( 120km/h) . and it stays along you drive.

Some poeple can disable it in normal cars like ford - gm - nissan

my car is Ls400 98,

I tried to look for somebody to disable this sound , every tech-man reply with one answer " I cann't help in this car , it's something related to its computer "

Is there anyway to disable it or hook its trigger ?

I had this same thing on a Honda Odyssey I used in Nigeria (originally specced as a Saudi vehicle), real pain in the :tsktsk:

Honda GB said that it could be disabled using the diagnostic setup thingy (OBDC is it,?) which never existed in Nigeria so I just had to live with it. :crying:

1998 LS models had CBEST, but I've had a trawl through the list and can't find a speed warning option.

CBEST settings can be found here.

More stuff about the settings can be found here.

Why not put a disable switch on the warning buzzer?

I'd expect it to be the same buzzer, however dangerous warnings would be accompanied by some other indication on the dash. How could you react to an audible-only warning if you were deaf, for example?

Switch the headlights on, open the driver's door, try and find out where the warning noise is coming from, whatever it is pull the plug out of the back, then go for a 130km/h drive and see if the car pipes up about it.

Switch the headlights on, open the driver's door, try and find out where the warning noise is coming from, whatever it is pull the plug out of the back, then go for a 130km/h drive and see if the car pipes up about it.

it could be simple as you said, but I feel it not comming from the same place the door warning is comming, besides that , the speed beeping is sound like it's comming from a bill. and all the warning I had heared in the car is totaly different from the speed alarm.

do you think the same speaker could generate the same sound? or that sounds like it's seperated ?

It may well be able to produce different tones, but not sounding like they're from different parts of the car!

Coming from a bill? What do you mean? :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links