Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bhp For Beginers

Justin p

We all know that a supercharger gives the greatest bhp but can any one tell me what bhp you get from other mods such as manifold, chipping,air filters, back box so on as iv only got a flat is200 and looking for most bhp for bucks :D thanks.

They all vary by brand - but here are some estimates:

- Backbox: 4 to 8hp

- Drop-in filter: 1 or 2hp

- Induction: 3 to 6hp

- Manifold: 4 to 10hp

- Chipping: 4 to 10hp

- Decat: 4 to 10hp

These are just rough ranges - specifics will be different, and having multiple items on may increase the figures as they work in conjunction.

We all know that a supercharger gives the greatest bhp but can any one tell me what bhp you get from other mods such as manifold, chipping,air filters, back box so on as iv only got a flat is200 and looking for most bhp for bucks :D thanks.

Starting from scratch i would go induction kit (more air in) Cat back exhaust (easier to get spent gas out) you could also change the manifold and put a sports cat on to improve the flow which will give you a hp rise to be honest none of its cheap apart from the induction kit which does give a rather nice sound :D

Chipping obviously works by changing your engine management (more fuel etc) but i would be more likely to do that last when you have everything you want in place and then set the engine to your hardware.

If you want HP on tap then NOS maybe the best way (wizards of nos)

My opinion unless you have the cash to throw at it is keep it simple and do it modular its easy to fit an induction kit and an exhaust yourself and you can do it over time. Unfortunately we are all cursed with the "must have it now" disorder but it will come together in the end.

If you look around on here there are several places that will be able to help you out

Prolex-uk turbo gives more bhp than the s/c :whistling:

More refined :whistling:

rarer :winky:

Just out of interest, how much is the Prolex-uk Turbo? :question: :D

The s/c is definatley a great buy. They are brilliant. Gives a lot more bhp and for only a little over £2k :D

Then there's the turbo.. More expensive but more bhp :whistling:

Definatley one of the first things is to change the exhaust and either a performance filter or induction kit :winky:

Yeah would love to know about the turbo (as its not on the site) lol. whats the most hp got out of a is200 that ppl know, over the next few years i wanna get about300-400, is this not even worth trying with a is200 engine.

Yeah would love to know about the turbo (as its not on the site) lol. whats the most hp got out of a is200 that ppl know, over the next few years i wanna get about300-400, is this not even worth trying with a is200 engine.

Young gun??

Price is in the PM i sent to you a few days back :winky:

These are just rough ranges - specifics will be different, and having multiple items on may increase the figures as they work in conjunction.

All these mods give little extra power. The only route to go for significant extra power on the standard engine is forced induction whether turbo or s/c. Personally, I would only consider any of these mods if they are preliminaries to forced induction, I guess that's backbox & de-cat?

Kevin

fitted/mapped its circa £4.5k...........this will be .5 bar........dazas was .6 bar and 260 bhp :winky:

turbo for sure

dave has it down to a good price nowadays considering whats involved

has for 300 bhp all goes on how much you want to spend

i expect mine to be past there very soon

Have you upgraded the internals aswell then :question:

Whats the sort of cost on a back box?

Prolex will be doing their zorst for £250 at JAE....blooooomin bargin.

@ justin....the zorst sound really good, not farty boy racer, just a nice deep note...do a search on exhausts and you will get many results ;)

The price varies greatly by brand. Going for the premium brands such as TRD and Tom's will probably set you back more than GBP350-400. Other brands can go to as low as GBP200-250 perhaps.

As a reference, over here, the Blitz Nur S exhaust can be bought for about GBP250, the Apex'i Hybrid Evolution is about GBP310 and the TTE Sports Silencer is about GBP350.

The price varies greatly by brand. Going for the premium brands such as TRD and Tom's will probably set you back more than GBP350-400. Other brands can go to as low as GBP200-250 perhaps.

As a reference, over here, the Blitz Nur S exhaust can be bought for about GBP250, the Apex'i Hybrid Evolution is about GBP310 and the TTE Sports Silencer is about GBP350.

Email me i have a bran new Blue Flame back box and Middle pipe 2 months old.

Very neat and 8bhp full stainless steel very shiney.

All i am looking for is a standard backbox and middle pipe. But must be in very good clean condition. if intrested email meat Silent@ntlworld.com

Trust me this Blue Flame system i have is mint....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links