Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Insurance Companies For Mods

I'm considering modified my Lexus from "standard manufacturers specification", starting with alloys, but all the nice and cheap insurance companies I know, don't even want to give an on-line quote if the car has been "modified from manufacturer's standard specifications".

What do you guys do? Who do you insure with, or do you just ... forgot to tell your insurance company? :blink:

I'm with Adrian Flux and got a quote from broker that Scott gave me the name of but lost the piece of paper. Tesco are supposed to be good for modded cars as well.

Most companies won't quote for modded cars on line as modded can mean anything from wheels to a complete change of engine like The Monster :D

def recomend adrian flux, they a realistic when it comes to pricing mods.

If its a performance mod then they do it by percentage - 30% power = 30% increase in premium. seems fair to me

def recomend adrian flux, they a realistic when it comes to pricing mods.

If its a performance mod then they do it by percentage - 30% power = 30% increase in premium. seems fair to me

Didn't work out like that for me Chris - The only "power" mods I have is a cat back and induction which I doubt gives more than 10% power, but my premium went from £404 to £729, that's over 70%!

Crazy, but they were the only broker who quoted a premium less than £1,000 despite 10yrs NCB, 1 SP30, low risk occupation etc.

when i was quoting for my supercharger he said is that a 30% increase - that will be 30% on top of your permium. i have declared every single little thing and i was well impressed!

I'm with Adrian Flux , and my premium went from £550 to £680 with all my mods and the Turbo, :winky: and thats for my wife as well, who has only passed her test 2 years ago..............

I'm with Adrian Flux , and my premium went from £550 to £680 with all my mods and the Turbo, :winky: and thats for my wife as well, who has only passed her test 2 years ago..............

Did you have to give them a performance increase for the turbo? Or just tell them what turbo you've got?

Did you have to give them a performance increase for the turbo? Or just tell them what turbo you've got?

i just told them it was around the 200BHP mark has i had not been on rolling road yet :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links