Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Strange Weekend

I've had a strange weekend, picked the car up from the bodyshop, gave it quick once over, looked fine. Sounds much louder than it did before the accident, not sure if I've just got used to having a quieter standard zorst on the bm or what?!

Got home, great rejoycing for having the car back, phone rings, my brothers not too good, he's having bit of a cancer scare at the mo, this now looke like it could be MS, he can only walk a few steps and isnt in a good way at all, more tests on the way. Then phone rings again and Rachael (the missus) her stepdad had been rushed into hospital after suffering from multiple heart attacks!

So off we shoot on a mini tour of britain in the bm cos the tax has run out on the lex. Allan (Rach's stepdad is still in hospital but stable). Get home Sunday night, open a bottle of stella (much needed!) look under the cap and I've won 6 weeks free unlimited DVD rental from Blockbuster! Several stellas later and its time for bed, then its Monday morning and work time again, where's the weekend gone?!!!!

So had a good look round the car today and other than a few issues its great to have it back! here are the pics:

here she is

car.jpg

nice new alloys at the front (both sides)

newalloy.jpg

bonnet not quite aligned properly

bonnet.jpg

damage to sill

sill.jpg

funny mark on rear quarter (no work was carried out on the back so how did that get there?)

funny-mark.jpg

sticky stuff stuck on my spoiler (what the hell's that?! it wont come off easily!)

stickystuff.jpg

scratch marks on drivers door

scratch-marks.jpg

Also, some of the sections that have been painted, namely wing and front bumper have very small what I can only describe as nipples on them. What is this down to?

The very last thing is that I had some change in my armrest, probably about £3-£4 which I use for parking, this has been stolen!! Now I'm not overly bothered about losing a couple of quid its the principle :angry:

Will keep you updated as to what response I get when I complain.

thanks fellas.

shahz, just wait till jae if you think that is shiney!

mike, you're right, i do have plenty to complain about, im just tired at the mo, its been a real full on couple of months what with one thing or another but i'll get there!

good to see you've finally got your car back John. Hopefully you'll get all your issues sorted out soon. I take it all the work was carried out at Stockport?

Sorry to hear about your difficult times....

On note of your car.... my sister recently got her car back from getting insurance job repair (polo gti mk5) they did a terrible colour match and the entire car was like 1500 grit sand paper to touch, overspray like a *^)$"! She called her insurance company and told them she wasn't happy... next day she took it back got courtesy car again, they fixed the problem and tesco's gave her £100.00 for being a nuicence!!!!!

Bottom line if your not happy tell them straight.

Sorry to hear about the families illness, it puts a lot of worry on. Wish them both a full recovery.

Good to have the car back though, bet you are glad about that :D

Sorry about the family problems mate, hope all goes well.

Glad you've got your car back and hope the discrepencies get sorted. Why is it that nothing like this seems to get sorted the first time around and you have to end up complaining numerous times to get the full job done?

will be off to the bodyshop later to see what they have to say for themselves, just waiting for the carpet fitters to come and do their thing and then im off!

ally, it was done at stockport/smith knight faye.

gord, i'm keeping the phone no. in my back pocket at the mo and depending how they respond today may use it.

rach's stepdad is being transferred to papworth down cambridge way later this week to have a pace maker fitted.

went back to the bodyshop yesterday, no arguments from them, almost as though they were expectingme to come back! theyre gonna sort everything out for me. cars booked in again for next wednesday.

Snap...mines in Smith Knight Fay next Wednesday too!!

Finally getting sorted, maybe they've put aside next Wednesday to sort all their Lexus ***** ups!

All niggly little problems but problems still that need sorting!

Finally getting sorted, maybe they've put aside next Wednesday to sort all their Lexus ***** ups!

what time are you taking yours down mate? im dropping mine off at 10ish.

Thats good news :)

yes it is! :D

Andy, is it the boot you having done ? john, if you both going on the same day ? you might end-up with your car plat ice :lol: you know what S.K.F are like :lol:

Andy, is it the boot you having done ? john, if you both going on the same day ? you might end-up with your car plat ice :lol: you know what S.K.F are like :lol:

Yeah boot grip, they ordered a new one.

...and crease in back door

...stone chippings on wing from when the door was out of line first time round

...and a new light cluster if mine falls out again by then

I'm taking mine in first thing at 8.30am, told me it might be done in a day??

they'll probably swap the bits that are needed of each others

The i can finally put the new bumper with TRD lip, sports grille and rear TRD valance on that have been taking over my bedroom for the last few weeks!!

Yeah boot grip, they ordered a new one.

...and crease in back door

...stone chippings on wing from when the door was out of line first time round

...and a new light cluster if mine falls out again by then

I'm taking mine in first thing at 8.30am, told me it might be done in a day??

they'll probably swap the bits that are needed of each others

The i can finally put the new bumper with TRD lip, sports grille and rear TRD valance on that have been taking over my bedroom for the last few weeks!!

Andy, have you had the lip and rear skirt painted yet ?

hang on a mo, so we're both going back to SKF on wednesday to have bits sorted, and we both have bodykits waiting to go on.....ur copying me!!! :lol:

i just hope mine doesnt come back any worse than what it already is.

that's what i'm thinking about mine!

surely they will get it right this time as there is now two of us that have complained about the workmanship

plus they be able to look at yours and mine and compare what the different areas should look like!!

I would love to meet their Quality Manager that vets all the work before the customer is told to collect, wonder if he's ever been for an eye test??? :geek:

• 2 weeks later...

that's what i'm thinking about mine!

surely they will get it right this time as there is now two of us that have complained about the workmanship

plus they be able to look at yours and mine and compare what the different areas should look like!!

I would love to meet their Quality Manager that vets all the work before the customer is told to collect, wonder if he's ever been for an eye test??? :geek:

how is work going on yours andy?

mine's still there, hopefully be back moday or tuesday, they gave me a 1.0l yaris as a courtesy car. it's quite fun to drive, mad dash display but a tad embarrasing to drive around in!!! :blush:

how is work going on yours andy?

mine's still there, hopefully be back moday or tuesday, they gave me a 1.0l yaris as a courtesy car. it's quite fun to drive, mad dash display  but a tad embarrasing to drive around in!!! :blush:

Is yours going to be ready for JAE John?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links