Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Work Has Started On My Is Turbo

marcus

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
hows it looking for JAE marcus? is it gonna be ready in time?

Hi mate, well they sent it of last week to have all the jig work done and they should be geting it back on monday, then all they have to do is put the doors & F/wing on, then prep it for painting..................i hope they do get it all done, thats what the guy keeps telling me at the bodyshop "it will be done for me to pick up on the 22nd :winky: lets hope they keep there word ;)

I will know more by mid week and i will let you all know............. :D

fingers crossed then!

yep :crybaby:

I have missed 3 big meets this year.........and i dont want to miss JAE as it is the best one out of them all :winky: i think i will still come if the cars not done :D :winky:

fingers crossed then!

I have missed 3 big meets this year.........and i dont want to miss JAE as it is the best one out of them all :winky: i think i will still come if the cars not done :D :winky:

I hope so mate..... :winky:

fingers crossed then!

I hope so mate..... :winky:

:lol: :P

sounds good, although they sure are setting themselves a lot of work for one week, i am assuming as follows

Monday & Tuesday start fitting doors and panels + locks etc.

Wednesday - Mask & prep paintwork and possibly get first layer of primer on.

Thursday - Rub down primer and start paint layers + bake car

Friday - Flat back and polish paintwork, install all interior panels, seats wiring etc etc. as well as all final alterations. (my last day of fitting together before HIN started at 8am and finished at 3am the following day! lol)

Keep calling em every day to see where the car is at! can we have some sneaky peeks?

sounds good, although they sure are setting themselves a lot of work for one week, i am assuming as follows

Monday & Tuesday start fitting doors and panels + locks etc.

Wednesday - Mask & prep paintwork and possibly get first layer of primer on.

Thursday - Rub down primer and start paint layers + bake car

Friday - Flat back and polish paintwork, install all interior panels, seats wiring etc etc. as well as all final alterations. (my last day of fitting together before HIN started at 8am and finished at 3am the following day! lol)

Keep calling em every day to see where the car is at! can we have some sneaky peeks?

Monday & Tuesday for fitting doors and panels + locks :sick: ..............I would think that would only take a day Chris ;) and any how the guy who is doing the jig work, is doing most of the bodywork when he has it........all the bodyshop will have to do is put doors on and front wing,

i think they have fixed and preped the bumpers last week, so thats alot of the work out the way,

all i can do is hope they get it done ;)

defo gonna be touch and go i think, if it was being done at lexus stockport it defo wouldnt be ready.

keep pestering them marcus, hopefully they wont rush any and bodge it.

sorry just run that past my body shop and they reckoned to do it perfect they would need 2 weeks to do all that work unless they were running 20hr days in which they could do it in 5-6 days.

It takes a lot of time to get the car back into perfect working order after jigging tho, thats why i let them take 2 months to get the car done. so they could spend as much time as was needed on each and every item.

They even went so far as to do any filler work and leave it to fully dry for a week to lessen any post sanding shrinkage.

just hoping that they dont cut any corners thats all.

keeping me fingers crossed for you fella!

well i was hopeing to get my car back this week, the bodyshop phoned me to tell me that the place thats doing the jig work have only just started it..................they have told me it should all be done by the end off next week now!! :crybaby:

Im happy that they are takeing there time over it ;) im just a bit p :tsktsk: ed off! with them as they had the car 2 weeks before they started it :angry:

so i will be missing JAE this year :crybaby:

Have a good time at JAE guys :crybaby: take lots of pic,s for me :winky:

damn sorry to hear that fella, still at least the work you get back from them wont be rushed.

we will have to arange a mini meet to welcome her back to the LOC when they finish her!

well i was hopeing to get my car back this week, the bodyshop phoned me to tell me that the place thats doing the jig work have only just started it..................they have told me it should all be done by the end off next week now!!  :crybaby:

Im happy that they are takeing there time over it ;)  im just a bit p :tsktsk: ed off! with them as they had the car 2 weeks before they started it :angry:

so i will be missing JAE this year :crybaby:

Have a good time at JAE guys :crybaby: take lots of pic,s for me :winky:

Sorry to hear that mate :crying:

Surely you can still make JAE though :question:

You wont be the only one there with out a car

• 2 weeks later...

!!UPDATE!!

my car is all most done, :D The bodyshop has told me i can pick it up very soon :whistling:

I have some pic,s but they are very poor :crybaby: as i only had my phone with me when i went to see it today, and they did not come out to well.

Car all most done

.............i will soon be :driving: and i will have a big :D on my face..........when i do get her back :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links