Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Do U Had A Optima Battery Fitted In Your Is?

I think yellow top are deep cycle and are therefore good for ICE. Red top are for increased cranking performance but I don't think they like deep cycling. Blue are for marine applications.

I'm sure somebody has used them in an IS - Steve Audio maybe?

Also consider the Exide Maxxima batteries.

Have a yellow top in mine, took 10mins to install with some custom brackets made from 30mm perspex :winky:

Will get pic up tomorrow.... been veeeeeeeeery busy :winky:

I think yellow top are deep cycle and are therefore good for ICE. Red top are for increased cranking performance but I don't think they like deep cycling. Blue are for marine applications.

I'm sure somebody has used them in an IS - Steve Audio maybe?

Also consider the Exide Maxxima batteries.

im confuse, first i have a dual charge system in my car, but because i dont use the car much nowaday, the Battery keep getting flat after 2 months or so (garage dont have power atm), so should i go for a yellow top/Exide Maxxima as they are deep cycle, or go for thr red top which give better starting performance???? also im worry they are to tall, and 1 of the terminal will touch the bonnet, wont that short circle the car electric??

any help will be great, as i need to replace this Battery soon to get the car to the dealer for serviceing and MOT....

Regards

Maz

Maz what are you driving if the lexus is garaged for so long ???

If i had a car like that (I'm getting there) i drive it constantly :lol:

Probably your best bet is to measure the size of your current Battery and shop around for a close match.

On a diffrent topic what duel charge system do you have - 2 Batteries?

I'm looking for 1 myself, if you don't really need yours let me know :D

I been very busy getting my house finnish so the family can move in, and also too scare of the car getting damage if i drive it alots....as for dual charge system i have a 2nd Battery inside my boot where the spare wheel used to be, hope that hasnt gone flat too.... :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hi Maz

I have a deta (re-bagded excide maxima), i am using upront fitted with no mods, and this is the only Battery i have powering my sounds and i have no problems at all with it dying.

i went for excide/deta becuase they come with a 2 year warranty, i have had optimas, but they kept on dying after 1 year, just threw one out of my other car, becuase it died, have put an excide init.

Maz

if your car is sitting for months on end without being run your Battery WILL eventually let you down.

You can buy either red or yellow top, either of them will run dry...

Red top is more than enough to run the cars basic electrics... Remember the Yellow top is deep cylce, meaning very quick discharge for those big electrical transients and peaks... not at all required to 'turn' over your engine.

If i were you i'd buy a solar panel and hook that up to the cigerette lighter... conserve some current that way

How much do you actually drive the car?

Seems waste you spent serious wonga and its sitting there catching dust and depreciating.... doesn't make sense to me.

If you can start it up every other week and take it for a run it will be fine..

i been very busy the last few months trying to get the new house ready (and the garage so i can keep the IS in), so didnt have chances to drive it, bad mistake i know, if it carry on may have to sell the car... :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links