Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thanks Tony!

michyb

Due to the very positive feedback on this forum regarding Tony (the guru!) I decided to make a 330 mile round trip from Cheshire to Watford for Tony to set up the geometry on my Soarer.

I explained to Tony that I had tyre wear on my front inners and that my rears were overheating and cracking.

Tony set to work and showed my how much my wheels were out of alignment - it was a lot!

A couple of hours later and it was all sorted. He warned my that the car would feel a lot different. Boy was he right!

Tony I can't thank you enough for the improvement you have made to my car. You said I would notice the difference as soon as I drove it out of the car park and you were spot on!

The difference is amazing. I can only describe the feeling as "the car is sitting on the ground on all its wheels". A naff description but thats what it feels like. Absolutely solid. It feels like a new car! No more tramlining, the little rattles I had when going over speed bumps have gone and the cornering! It just WANTS to corner now. Its great!

I would wholeheartedly recommend anyone with an alignment problem to make the trip. It is definately worth it!

Cheers Tony

See you when I get my new alloys sorted!

You are welcome. if there are any thanks to be given its me to you "all". Its everyones feedback and trust that "allows" me to continue working on cars i love. Let me explain :- If i have a car like an Fiesta with bad tyre wear, all i can do is confirm "yes" its camber wear, but the car is not adjustable, so for me its just diagnostics. But with the Lex and Toyota i can adjust every angle and "make" the car better, and since the car rests on its geometry the owner will notice an immediate difference. The real problem out there "UK/ WORLD" 3D geometry is difficult to understand, i'm fortunate since that all i have done every day for the last 25 years :crybaby:

Another job well done Dr BONES

I think it's difficult these days to find the technical knowledge and to find someone who can apply this as well.... nice work

What other cars have this adjustment?

Most cars with "multi-link" suspension, are rear toe/ camber adjustable. My favourate cars are:-

Lexus

Toyota

Mazda

Honda

Nissan

Mitsubishi/ gray imports

Subaru

Seat

I dislike German cars, BMW/ MERC/ AUDI :excl: reason being all the above can be measured/ corrected/ fine tuned, job done, very little theory is needed in advance of the geometry, so the "driver" profile is easy to calculate, with the German cars the maths "strangle" people like me simply because the set-up adds variables that are endless.

Example:- BMW E36 94/01 will need....

A "full" fuel tank

68KG on the drivers seat

68KG on the passengers seat

68KG in the middle of the rear seats

21KG in the boot

All this is to simulate down force/ load the suspension and generate dynamic geometry readings "static", from this there is an active geometry form of correction, I admit this is "conclusive" in measurment but the outcome is "final" and not open to personal "driver" style forms of fine tuning, any attempt to calculate corrections are more or less "impossable" and i dont like that.

Oh right so you liking most japanese cars then! :)

Seems like the above example that german marques have set some rules and are difficult to bend to cater for different driving styles?

Well my reason for asking is that the better half has a civic type R and I am frequent on those forums as well - I know that some typeR's have had problems with excessive wear on the inside rears.

And also some members have had fast road setups done at a company called ABP and have nothing but praise for the neutral handling and balance on bends.

food for thought as they say

but rock on Tony!

Oh right so you liking most japanese cars then! :)

Seems like the above example that german marques have set some rules and are difficult to bend to cater for different driving styles?

Well my reason for asking is that the better half has a civic type R and I am frequent on those forums as well - I know that some typeR's have had problems with excessive wear on the inside rears.

And also some members have had fast road setups done at a company called ABP and have nothing but praise for the neutral handling and balance on bends.

food for thought as they say

but rock on Tony!

Jap is :D in my area "ARB"? do they have a web address.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links