Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Insurance Write-off

IS300KK

Hello there

About three weeks ago, boyfriend wrote off his 325Ci avoiding a sheep on a mountain road near where we live (yes, we live in Wales). No other cars involved, police uninterested. Now, the insurer (Admiral) are sending out an insurance investigator to interview him and photograph the accident site.

I don't know what else they can discover about the crash - the sheep isn't still going to be standing in the middle of the road, there were no skid-marks, and the car was recovered immediately. Are they just stalling, or should we be worried? There is £19000 at stake, and we have to get another car asap!!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

All the best

Amanda

it is just standard procedure i would imagine ,i would start looking for other examples of a car like the one he crashed in autotrader etc as they usealy try to knock you down with a silly offer to begin with.

yeah normal insurance malarkey :yawn: .....You could start stripping removable parts and flogging them on ebay and post us the links :whistling:  :whistling:  :D

how are parts off a 325i goin to help us :P

yeah normal insurance malarkey :yawn: .....You could start stripping removable parts and flogging them on ebay and post us the links :whistling:  :whistling:  :D

how are parts off a 325i goin to help us :P

:blush: whoooopppsss :whistling::whistling: ill get me coat ........... :lol:

Hello there

About three weeks ago, boyfriend wrote off his 325Ci avoiding a sheep on a mountain road near where we live (yes, we live in Wales). No other cars involved, police uninterested. Now, the insurer (Admiral) are sending out an insurance investigator to interview him and photograph the accident site.

I don't know what else they can discover about the crash - the sheep isn't still going to be standing in the middle of the road, there were no skid-marks, and the car was recovered immediately. Are they just stalling, or should we be worried? There is £19000 at stake, and we have to get another car asap!!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

All the best

Amanda

Hi Amanda; I wrote my XK8 convertible off a couple of years ago. No other car - just me and lot of loose gravel on the curve. Insurance company offered me £23,000, which I felt was a little undervaluing the vehicle. So I went to my dealer who serviced the car and asked them for a written valuation. They happily obliged and gave me a valuation of £28,500 which the insurance company accepted. I would recommend you do the same. Insurance companies usually go for 'market value' at best, but if you can supply some independent valuation of your particular car, you could stand to benefit. Good luck; Bugsy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links