Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Headlight Cracks

Was cleaning my car last night and noticed some small hairline cracks on the headlight lens ! when the glass bends to follow the profile if you get my drift !! the other is perfect , is this something I could ask to be replaced on the warrenty ?

any advise appreciated

Was cleaning my car last night and noticed some small hairline cracks on the headlight lens ! when the glass bends to follow the profile if you get my drift !! the other is perfect , is this something I could ask to be replaced on the warrenty ?

any advise appreciated

No harm in trying but it probably was the result of a stone, so they may not replace it

WHAT APPEAR TO BE HAIR LINE CRACKS ARE AROUND THE EDGES OF THE LENS SO I WOULD HAVE ASSUMED IF IT WAS A STONE THEN IT WOULD HAVE CHIPPED THE GLASS , BUT THE CRACKES ARE SPACED OUT ALONG THE CURVED PROFILE

WILL TRY THE NEXT TIME I AM IN FOR MY GEARBOX !! :tsktsk:

It might be a bit too late for you, but I use a plastic polish that removes fine scratches and prevents UV deterioration. Only time will tell if its any good. Maybe you should start using it on the good light. Just a suggestion.

trinilex................. :driving:

• 2 months later...

these are small cracks in the profile of the lens will ask about them next week when car goes in for service

cheers

It might be a bit too late for you, but I use a plastic polish that removes fine scratches and prevents UV deterioration. Only time will tell if its any good. Maybe you should start using it on the good light. Just a suggestion.

trinilex................. :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links