Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Service Advice Needed

Hi guys,

Just got my first IS200 and think it's fantastic. I bought it privately 6 weeks ago and it now requires a service because it has been a year since the last one.

The problem is, although I bought it with a full service history it has only had 2 in it's 4 1/2 year life (I wasn't sure of the service intervals etc when I got it).

First service was at 12000 miles (10k service) and the next one at 28000 miles (20k service). The car currently has 36000 miles on it. Do I need a full service (ie the 40k one) or the 30k service. It has only been 8000 miles since it's last full service but I don't know if there is anything important needs doing since I am obviously going to go over 40k well before the next service. Any advice would be appreciated.

And I've noticed some people on here recommend supplying your own oil to save a bit of cash (I've already gone gold :winky: ). Can anyone recommend a particular type (ie brand and product as opposed to "synthetic" because I really don't know anything about oil!). And how much do you need to supply?

Cheers - no doubt I'll be back with more questions in the none too distant future...

i would go for an interim service get the book stamped and save money for all the mods to come :D remember most of the cost in a major service is labour, but somtimes you can beat the systerm :excl: were i work we offer "free brake check" and a "free summer/ winter" check, so if i was clever i would bookin for an inter/ engine service a free brake check and a free summer check at the same time :D now all the extra labour costs that you would pay on a "major" service are free, you even get the check lists:

the brake check= 15 point inspection :D

the summer check= 20 point inspection :D

i just hope my "boss" is not reading this :crybaby:

anyone got a job for a geometry master :duh:

Oh and Welcome to LOC :D

Services on the IS200 is every 10k miles or year, whichever comes first. It alternates, the first is an interim then major and so on. If your car is over 4 years old it should have had 4 services, so you are due a major :)

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of getting the minor service since it has only been 8000 miles since the last major one. That way I don't have a gap in the log book either. I do see your point about the age of the car though. Hence the dilema!

I also need two new rear tyres that will be fitted before the service and a balance problem (wobbly steering wheel at 55-60mph) that needs sorting so will probably get the brakes etc checked then.

It's a shame I don't live anywhere near any of the places mentioned by the people here, since I'm way up here in the North East so it's not really practical to visit them for expert geometry etc.

Could do with some more opinions on this though so if anybody else would care to comment I would be grateful.

Cheers guys!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links