Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Its All Over

For those that know about my argument with my employers (the RAF) i have now decided to leave the service, i have found after the trouble they have put me through i really don't want to be a part of them anymore. So if anyone needs a good gas turbine/aero engineer i'm your man :D. Also if anyone knows any good sites to search for aviation, aero engine or anything that uses a gas turbine engine jobs wise any pointers would be gratefully accepted. I have tried aviationjobsearch already by the way (i also am a qualified cnc/vmc machinist and production engineer lathe mill etc :winky: just in case anyone needs one)

cheers

Leg

Sorry to hear that Austin! :(

Sure you will find something even BETTER! :D :D :D

cheers anees best get your heatshrink orders in quick like :D and its their loss for i am the only engineman in the village :P

Do you get a demob course

:question: and if not why not :question:

Best of luck in Civvie Stree :D

yep its called resettlement now don't want to do anything though i am happy working on engines may do a welding course for personal use though

Also if anyone knows any good sites to search for aviation, aero engine or anything that uses a gas turbine engine jobs wise any pointers would be gratefully accepted

Check out flight international mate - www.flightinternational.co.uk

I was made redundant from the RAF a few years ago along with the whole flight simulation trade so we were all looking for jobs at the same time so you should be OK on your own. I did the AMRAF computer coursefor resettlement which was cool as you got a PC out of it and some knowledge of PC's but i'm not sure if it's still going..

BAE are always looking for engine guys out in Saudi :ph34r: (gooood money) , but that's not for everyone. If you want to know more about it let me know I just spent a few years over there in Dhahran (Tornado).

Sorry to hear about your situation but to be honest I think the only thing you'll miss about the RAF is the lads. Good luck though.

just out of interest Leg, you wernt based in Colt were you?

what about BAE systems?

no never been to colt only ever been on the old carbon fibre death providers :D and beside the only way jags get off the ground is the curvature of the earth isn't it :P

I agree with you about missing the lads ADZ its a different world really and unless you have been there you won't know what its like just hope that i can take the attitude with me to wherever i go. As for BAe they have taken over where i am now and they just do airframes really not engines i do have an eye on the rolls royce reps job though i can quite easily swan about in a suit all day not getting grubby :shifty:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links