Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyres And Pads

hia all ...just got two new "bridgestone potenza re040 215/45/zr17 cz" fitted from lexus manchester (bury new road) today...and they have also said that my front pads are dangeroulsy worn and are nearly metal to metal....they quoted me £140 all in for the front pads...including vat and fitting....is that something that i shouldnt get too worked up about and just go ahead and get it done from them???

btw paid £245 for the two new tyres....

...also they said that my water pump/seal has a weep????? does that mean it's leaking?....is it a costly repair?....hope it's not gonna much to get fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as i;ve had the car a month and a half and it's starting to cut BIG holes in my pocket and wallet!!!!!lol

cheers

maddy

Weep, that may mean a slight leak..

Forget OEM, get some Mintex pads from Prolex... much better, less dust and you'll save yourself a packet.

Some of the more advanced members will be able to help on your other questions.

Don't be dis-heartened with your new purchase, these are just minor set backs!!

I'd get a second opinion on the pads or check them yourself. My local dealer told me that my rear pads on my old IS were 'dangerously worn' and almost 'metal to metal' - i checked them myself to find that they had about 80% of the lining left.

About the water pump seal leak - it's a known lexus IS200 fault for the waterpump bypass hose to leak slighty. Another Lexus dealer told me not to bother getting it changed as the replacement part is exactly the same (i.e. not been modified) so it will only end up leaking again.

cheers guys for the reply...i will get a second opinion about the pads....but the water seal....if i let it leak will it cause major problems or can i just forget about it and let it carry on leaking????

maddy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links