Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Problem.....

Colin P

Guys,

I have no idea what I can do, due to the knocking on one of my coilovers I thought maybe I would tighten it to see if that helped, well, I was tightening one of the nuts in the engine bay and it sheared off taking the threaded part with it so now the top of my coilover only has two threaded parts!!!

I have removed the single coilover now and the rest of the threaded part seems stuck in the mount and it has jagged teeth which seem well and truely stuck in the mount. Do you guys reckon I can get it pressed out somehow with a machine? If so whats the best type of shop to try for this? Also, I would then need a replacement part of which I have no idea how to get hold of!

I have emailed HKS europe and they said they dont sell and support the Hipermax in europe so could not help me.

any ideas? supposed to be going on holiday at the weekend!

thanks

Colin

sadly no, I don't have a digital camera yet (it's supposedly on it's way though!)

looks like a straight forward replacement, just can't get the standard one out! I have already removed one from a standard shock to put it but trying to get the standard HKS one out seems tough!

I think now my only solution is to drill it out really, i'll have a go at that tomorrow unless someone can think of something better? i've grinded it right down and then put a nail on top of it and tried to push it though like that but it was having none of it.

The guy at HKS told me I could just use a normal bolt and put a spanner on one side (in the wheel arch) and tighten the top part.

This is what he said

"You need to use a bit of brute force and ignorance. Give it a tap and it

will fall out. Potentially you could use normal bolt to make this work. As

the bolt doesn't have 'jagged edges' on it you will need fit the shocker and

them insert the bolt from underneath and get a spanner on one end and a

socket on the other end and tighten it like a normal bolt."

although i might get a new bolt and just get it welded in, unless someone would advise against that?

if that **** thing still knocks after all this i'll be ****** off :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links