Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rolling Road!

marcus

Hi guys i had to see what the output was so i got my IS onto a rollig road today...............Boost was set at .4 as the car has not been maped yet i wantted to see what BHP and Torque are now.........then i can see how much it gos up when i get it maped :whistling:

I have some print outs of the 2 runs i had done..............here you go take a look not to bad at .4 :winky:

Torque output

bhp on 1st run

there are more Pic's in my Gallery

if any one can not see it................. .4 boost 228bhp 200.8ibft Torque :whistling:

Cool!

No fuel system upgrade, no exhaust system upgrade and that result??

NOT BAD MATE!!  B)  :whistling:

Have you done a quarter mile run too? :unsure:

I have 3" exhaust system upto the Cat & Prolex Back-Box :whistling: ............no i have not done that yet mike.............but i will do soon as im of to Santa Pod on the 18th of next month :winky:

Spill the beans then :P

I wan to get mine mapped eventually... looking at a E-manage setup to eliminate some of the problems on mine...

I wan to get mine mapped eventually... looking at a E-manage setup to eliminate some of the problems on mine...

all i can say its some one with-in the Prolex walls :winky: and he is very good at it as well :whistling:

Its not bad as it has not been maped yet and im only running .4 boost.............so when i get the fueling side of thing done i can then up the boost to .6 and then i will get it all maped..................then the bhp should jump to about 260+ :whistling:

Fair play mate. Did you take it to Abbey Motorsport?

I suspect that the clue lies in the name, address and phone number at the top of the readout ;)

Marcus, that readout looks like it's from a Bosch rolling road. Is that right?

I suspect that the clue lies in the name, address and phone number at the top of the readout ;)

Yes it was Mark..............and i have to say it was not the best of rolling roads...........i think the guy has had it about 20years........... well thats what it looked like :whistling: i was not the best place to take it but i just wantted to know the BHP :yawn:

Yes it was Mark..............and i have to say it was not the best of rolling roads...........i think the guy has had it about 20years........... well thats what it looked like :whistling: i was not the best place to take it but i just wantted to know the BHP :yawn:

Thought so. The Bosch system is not a dyno because it cannot apply a load to the engine so is therefore useless for any tuning work. We have also found that the power figures are inflated for the same reason.

I guess you still have a benchmark so that you can see what affect any other mods you do will have, before and after.

Marcus

nice to see it moving along as your car's come a long way from when I saw it at tescos' lakeside a while back.

Well done. keep up the updates and the work.

all this talk about forced induction gets me itching!!

Am........ I nkow you are totally satisifed but can you let me know what sort of niggles?

The E Manage will not cure problems that you have mate ;) You are better off putting the money into a proper system.

Thought so. The Bosch system is not a dyno because it cannot apply a load to the engine so is therefore useless for any tuning work. We have also found that the power figures are inflated for the same reason.

I guess you still have a benchmark so that you can see what affect any other mods you do will have, before and after.

@mark .................yea that all i wantted was a benchmark to see what the BHP is now and then see what affect the maping has when its done :winky:

@mark .................yea that all i wantted was a benchmark to see what the BHP is now and then see what affect the maping has when its done :winky:

Sounds fair enough, but doesn't your mapper have a dyno that can give you the same info?

The E Manage will not cure problems that you have mate ;) You are better off putting the money into a proper system.

Yep you are right (as always :))

Seems like F-Con Pro V will be the one to fix the problem, since it totally eliminates the MAF ;)

Oli, when the MAF isn't making me look like a learner driver (kangrooing) the torque is breath taking, my neck hurts coming on and off boost, u really feel it. The power is DEFO needed, i can go faster round bends as the power gets down much much better... but its no good when you only get those moments 40% of the time your driving is it?

Blitz... i hope your reading this - YOU SUCK! if you make a bolt on system make sure it :tsktsk: works Right before u sell it :excl:

Sounds fair enough, but doesn't your mapper have a dyno that can give you the same info?

@ mark i could have went to him to get benchmark to see what the BHP is but i just did not have time to get over to him................... :whistling: to get it maped im looking at the best part of £600 if not more ;) and i just dont have it yet...................but i was hopeing some els would have helped me out :winky: :whistling:

Yep you are right (as always :))

Seems like F-Con Pro V will be the one to fix the problem, since it totally eliminates the MAF ;)

Righteous words indeed Sir. Better get saving, but at least you know it will do the job rather than wasting money on a hope :winky:

Is it at all possible to get the car running perfect with the E-Manage??

I doubt it, as it is far too basic. It defo will not cure AM's problem.

Or would a programmable standalone ECU be more recommended? :ph34r:

@RR, for your car I would recommend a piggy back HKS, Autronic or Motec if you want to retain the OBD2 functionality. But don't forget it's not just the product (as anyone can buy and fit it), the end result is down to the expert tuning (or lack of) :winky:

@ mark i could have went to him to get benchmark to see what the BHP is but i just did not have time to get over to him................... :whistling: to get it maped im looking at the best part of £600 if not more ;) and i just dont have it yet...................but i was hopeing some els would have helped me out :winky: :whistling:

You can always take advantage of our special 25% discount deal off our labour (if you wanted us to do it that is) :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links