Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tried An Aristo Today...

Aristopheles

...and I liked it. I liked it a lot :D Wasn't impressed by the interior, which looked and felt pretty cheap, but was very pleasantly surprised by the car on the whole. Boot is nice and deep, if a little short, but looks pretty spacious. Very impressed with interior space - looked cramped in the pictures, but plenty of rear leg room, and lots of space up front. Car drove very nicely and handled well for a big, heavy saloon. The thing I was most concerned about was the performance, as I'm coming from a 400bhp car which weighs less, so I was curious how this would feel with the standard engine, an autobox and a 150kg weight penalty. It certainly didn't feel slow - quick off the mark and with a strong midrange and it picks up nicely when you kickdown, which has put my mind at ease. Of course, plenty of room for improvement performance-wise - I reckon that the ashtray will be perfect for fitting a boost gauge once I go BPU B) And I was very impressed by the sound system: 7 speakers + sub = :hehe:

Hi Seb, was this a MK I or MK II mate, in the whole they are very good motors, strong and very reliable.

The stereo on these are great and easily upgradeable, they are serveral ppls that have put there their boost gauge / rear parking meters in the ashtray, nice and easy place for things like this.

The interior does vary from model to model, the leather ones have great interior and is very quiet, having not seen many unable to judge between.

BR

Paul

It was a Mk1 - they are great value for money, no doubt about it.

Don't reckon I'd be upgrading the stereo anytime soon - plenty powerful enough for now I reckon! Very happy about the ashtray - I like all my gauges in the Supra, but don't want to clutter up the interior of the Aristo, so hiding hings away is perfect.

I drove a cloth equipped car, but wouldn't be having any of that on my car - leather all the way. Didn't sit in a leather equipped car as the guy from the garage forgot the keys to the Aristos that they keep in their car lot, which is 10 minutes down the road from the offices. Had a look in through the window, and it looks much like the pictures. I was a bit disappointed with a few things on the inside - ventilation controls feel a bit plasticky, dials look cheap (though I like the always on lighting) and the LEDs down by the gear selector just seemed a bit homemade.

On the whole though (feel like I have to defend myself here!) I liked it a lot - it's exactly what I want, in that it's something different, but a good car as well.

Bearing in-mind most of these interiors where designed in the early nineties, there not to bad, mine only has the plastic heat vents, everything else is in leather.

The gear level indicators on mine are not working but this is due to a blown bulb, but I think it looks nicer without the indicators on the lever, only on the dash so may not change.

Thing is, even though my Supra is from 1993, some of the switchgear feels nicer than it does in the Aristo. Will be nice to see the leather interior properly, but I have no issues with the seats/door cards etc.

For the money though, it's a lot of car, especially when you think that the BMW E34 5 Series was being produced back when this came out, and the BM looks a lot more dated compared to the Aristo.

Glad you liked the mk1.

As to the leather,this is the first car ive owned over the last 10 years that doesnt have leather...been a nice change for me..i found leather seats in the summer burnt me legs and ***** when the cars been left in the sun and in the winter its like sitting on a cold stone wall until they warm up :D

I dont miss leather.

I do dislike the windscreen pilliars as they are thick and sometimes block your view of the road.But like you say alot of car and performance for your money.

Cheers chips.

Have you put a offer in on the car?

Not put an offer in on the car chips, as it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I just wanted to drive an Aristo to get a feel for it, especially the power, but I'm being very specific about what I want when it comes to getting the car. What I want is a '94 or newer car with no more than 80k miles. It's got to be either silver or grey - green and dark blue are alright, but don't really do it for me. It's got to have leather, preferrably a passenger airbag and it has to have an LSD.

There are quite a few Mk1 V300s around which come close to what I want, but are the wrong colour or way overpriced - there was one not long ago which was almost perfect apart from it being in Pearl, which, no offence to any Pearl owners, I just couldn't live with. Right now, I'm not in a massive rush as I've still got the Supra, so I don't want to go buying anything until that's sold, and that won't be until June.

I might well get a car imported, as I could get the spec I want and come in on budget, so there's always that option. At the end of the day, I'm willing to wait to get the right car - I waited for the right Supra - for a whole year!

The best way to go, the best comes to those that wait. I found mine that came close to the spec, but never having driven an Aristo TT, did know what to expect, the power was superb and having just come from a 525SEI BMW, there was no competion, Aristo won hands down.

Then I set about making the car the way I wanted it to look. so far has taken 2 years to get the car looking this way, now it's the bodywork's time. Have just put it's ten layer of Klasse on and DAM B) what a shine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links