Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Race Day Only Headlight...bless Duct Tape

Was browsing the internet like you do and came across a white R32 GTR with a fake headlight and thought....i have a spare set of usless headlights...hmmmmmm

The result?

I cut out the high beam half of the reflector and popped a 4" hole in the lense. I used duct tape to taper from the lense to the back housing. I plan on fiberglassing it in the near future, just gotta make it to the marine store.

The lowbeams and indicators still work fine, its just without a highbeam

mini-DSC01963.jpg

i have done it, however my unit both lights are out.....ive still got to finish it though

if needed, i have a sealed beam unit i can fit into the main headlight opening for Road use.

headlight_intakeand_bumper.sized.jpg

i have done it, however my unit both lights are out.....ive still got to finish it though

if needed, i have a sealed beam unit i can fit into the main headlight opening for Road use.

headlight_intakeand_bumper.sized.jpg

nice!

i doubt i will mod my headlight that much.

Was browsing the internet like you do and came across a white R32 GTR with a fake headlight and thought....i have a spare set of usless headlights...hmmmmmm

The result?

I cut out the high beam half of the reflector and popped a 4" hole in the lense. I used duct tape to taper from the lense to the back housing. I plan on fiberglassing it in the near future, just gotta make it to the marine store.

The lowbeams and indicators still work fine, its just without a highbeam

mini-DSC01963.jpg

Would this be street legal???? You still have normal dipped headlights just wont have main bean on one side? Im guessing it wouldn't pass an MOT but you could swap the other one in before the test????? :shutit:

Would this be street legal???? You still have normal dipped headlights just wont have main bean on one side? Im guessing it wouldn't pass an MOT but you could swap the other one in before the test????? :shutit:

i dont live in the UK (yet) and i dont think the cops here would give a ***** if they seen it on the road. But it wouldnt pass our version of the MOT either.

I think Chris (Don) said he was going to do something similar quite a while ago :unsure:

i was but then i got the supercharger kit and the carbon scoop :P

Altho i have a project in the works that is very hush hush. have been building up all the materials i need to do it. :shutit: :shutit: :shutit:

also why not get some black 100mm diameter drainage pipe and put some of that in? that way it will look a lot neater and require less fibreglassing

I think Chris (Don) said he was going to do something similar quite a while ago :unsure:

i was but then i got the supercharger kit and the carbon scoop :P

Altho i have a project in the works that is very hush hush. have been building up all the materials i need to do it. :shutit: :shutit: :shutit:

:shifty::ph34r::shifty: :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links