Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Chrome Valve Caps

Went to get in my Lex yesterday and noticed my nice new shiny chrome valve caps were 'missing'!! :crybaby: I was :tsktsk: fuming - 3 were gone and 1 was left as it must have been on tighter (they were spannered on). Noticed some kids around the car earlier in the day but thought nothing of it, theiving little f :tsktsk: ers!!

Have to get some anti-theft ones now. :angry:

Chris

Happens to me all the time!!

The GITS!! :devil: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I've had my silver ones nicked and I've also had my gold ones that say lexus on them also taken.

On eBay they have those ones that you can fit with an allen key - might get those I think. JUST DON'T LOSE THE KEY!! :hehe:

I have had 2 sets nicked! I bought the anti-theft ones Lexus logo with the chrome valve stems and they are still on. They just spin round unless you have the key.

Kids nick em for their bikes.

I have had 2 sets nicked! I bought the anti-theft ones Lexus logo with the chrome valve stems and they are still on. They just spin round unless you have the key.

Kids nick em for their bikes.

i had a set of neon ones (don't laugh) nicked off mine just after the batteries died but the irony is to have batteries put in one is dearer than buying all four off eBay :D

I have locking ones, look good and have not been nicked yet, after losing several sets, including ones you can tighten with a spanner. I even nicked 'em back off some kids bike !

Only thing is, the little key, which is not an allen key, is awkward, its easier to take it off the key ring to undo them. Don't be in a rush its a faff to do - but definately worth the £5.95 plus post I eventually got them for.

[

i had a set of neon ones (don't laugh)

could be worse - you could have had a neon exhaust trim  :blink:

nah the disco ball from the sunroof uses all the extra power i have now :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can it still be seen with the afro in the way?

[

i had a set of neon ones (don't laugh)

could be worse - you could have had a neon exhaust trim   :blink:

nah the disco ball from the sunroof uses all the extra power i have now :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can it still be seen with the afro in the way?

:zee: gotta shake ma groove thang :D

:lol:

Unfortunately not...

I was playing cricket from a distance, two of them got onto the Bike, I thought the were admiring the car - how wrong was I.

shame you weren't closer ah the sound of chav on willow :D

The anti-theft ones are great, but make sure you lube the threads before putting them on. I didn't, and a month later had to get the pliers out and stripped all the bling offa them.  :crying:

Yeah I knew there was another use to Vaseline then just.... :shifty::whistling:

i have the antitheft ones but after cleaning the wheels the things stick to the threads on the valve

i had a nightmare to get the one off once had to use long nose pillirs to hold the valve then twist it off as the whole valve was turning in the wheel

so i spray them all with penertrating oil before fitting and remove them when

washing the wheels

i ask is it really worth it :blink:

Spoken to a few people about this, apparently the ones with the allen key type thing are still 'nickable' but the ones that just spin are the best. £15.95 on E-bay but Motorworld have them for £12.99.

Will get them i think.

Lexus ones would be nice but i can only find the allen key ones.

:driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links