Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Please I Need Some Info!

marcus

Hi guys i need some help as to whats what!

I what to run 1 to 1.3 Bar with my Turbo setup................

what Compression Ratio should i get ;)

Compression Ratio: ? <---- what should i go for.... :whistling:

Finished Bore Size: ? <----what size bore do i need

Crankshaft Stroke: ? <----what is the Stroke, any one now!!

Head Gasket Thickness: ? <----and last of all........any one know the Thickness!!

I need to know all this so i can place an Order for JE Forged Pistons :winky:

Thanks marcus :D

Hi guys i need some help as to whats what!

I what to run 1 to 1.3 Bar with my Turbo setup................

what Compression Ratio should i get  ;)

Compression Ratio:  ?        <---- what should i go for.... :whistling:

Finished Bore Size:  ?        <----what size bore do i need

Crankshaft Stroke:  ?        <----what is the Stroke, any one now!!

Head Gasket Thickness: ?    <----and last of all........any one know the Thickness!!

I need to know all this so i can place an Order for JE Forged Pistons :winky:

Thanks marcus :D

bore size mine are a exact sraight swap

head gasket i have searched all over for uprated h/gasket they just dont do them the origanal lexus one is extremely high quality though

as for the other questions mate the tech guys will have to answer those

then you need to look at your fueling mate i think that is one off the main things 7th injecter bigger injecters fuel rail and so on

good luck mate :winky:

I would go for 8.5:1 or 9:1

Don't get the comp.ratio too low, the lower you choose it, the more fuel you will have to give the engine.

Would be nice to do 200miles per tank. :o

Of course you could feed it with an a**-load of air then, but the efficience is better to keep it high with stronger rods.

With pistons and rods you won't need another gasket or to rebore the block.

They do all the work in one. :winky:

For 1-1.3bar I'd choose 9:1 and you can reach over 300BHP easily.

The lower the compression is, the more boost you need, the bigger the turbo should be, the more fuel you need, the more HP you get AND the more $$$$$$$ you need. :ph34r:

I would go for 8.5:1 or 9:1

Don't get the comp.ratio too low, the lower you choose it, the more fuel you will have to give the engine.

Would be nice to do 200miles per tank. :o

Of course you could feed it with an a**-load of air then, but the efficience is better to keep it high with stronger rods.

With pistons and rods you won't need another gasket or to rebore the block.

They do all the work in one. :winky:

For 1-1.3bar I'd choose 9:1 and you can reach over 300BHP easily.

The lower the compression is, the more boost you need, the bigger the turbo should be, the more fuel you need, the more HP you get AND the more $$$$$$$ you need.  :ph34r:

Thanks guys for your input. :D

all the work im going to do is not to the Engine i have in the IS now...............im going to get a 2nd hand Engine as the one in my car at the mo has done over 100,000 miles ...........and as soon as i get a 2nd hand one i will up the boost on my old one to see what it can take :D by geting a 2nd hand one i can do all the work to it and take my time doing it............and to the fueling side of things this will be done when the new engine gos in............the turbo i have should be good for 400+Bhp :winky:

round about this time next year it should all be done................it could well before then if this Engine Blows :lol: all good fun thats what i say............i just love the Turbo now i have it.... :D

Hope you know that an engine blow up can cause a serious and dangerous accident. :ohmy:

And how do you know that the engine isn't the first which gives up..... maybe the gearbox or anything..... then it gets expensive. ;)

And the engine can't take more than 0.6 or maybe 0.7bar, because then it begins to pre-detonate (knocking), so the spark plug can't make a controlled firing to the air/fuel mix any more. :ph34r:

Thestock compression ratio is too high. So if you turn the boost up to 0.8 or 1.0 the car won't pull any more.... nothing it's only blowing air in the engine and nothing happens.

And for a blow up..... only get 0.5-0.6 bar and lean out the A/F ratio.

Then the engien will get serious damage.... look at that guy who blew it up with the DRY NOS. :yack:

Hope you know that an engine blow up can cause a serious and dangerous accident.  :ohmy:

And how do you know that the engine isn't the first which gives up..... maybe the gearbox or anything..... then it gets expensive. ;)

And the engine can't take more than 0.6 or maybe 0.7bar, because then it begins to pre-detonate (knocking), so the spark plug can't make a controlled firing to the air/fuel mix any more. :ph34r:

Thestock compression ratio is too high. So if you turn the boost up to 0.8 or 1.0 the car won't pull any more.... nothing it's only blowing air in the engine and nothing happens.

And for a blow up..... only get 0.5-0.6 bar and lean out the A/F ratio.

Then the engien will get serious damage....  look at that guy who blew it up with the DRY NOS. :yack:

I am not going to boost it over .5 but as the car has done over 100,000 miles it could well blow at .5 i dont know ;) ................... i hear what you are saying Mike :winky:

as for leaning out the fuel...............i would have to hold boost for some time....i dont think you can hold the boost for that long in the IS as the RPM gos up to quick......................if i hold Boost in 6th then yea i could do some serious damage :crying:

on my setup at the mo, i have boost set at .5 and wastegate set at .55 and i dont hold boost for that long as i know fuel leans/out :winky:

Thanks for your input mike as all ways :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links