Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Customer Feedback Sheet

Hi..I bought a new Lexus IS200 in March and have got the feedback sheet in the post. I had major hassles with Dealer A in buying the car and had to cancel it and get the car from Dealer B. This experience has put me off getting another lexus as while I believe the cars are good, I feel the service is hyped up. Even Lexus GB were arrogant and had a couldn't care less attitude.

Would you guys fill in the response sheet and give Dealer B good marks or should I write to Lexus GB to acknowledge that the service I received with Dealer A was amateurish and should be taken on board as part of the whole experience. Dealer B never really had to sell it to me as I asked them to match the price after I canceled from dealer A.

How would you guys handle this one? I have lost faith in Dealer A and to a large extent Lexus GB when it comes down to the bottom line of sorting out a customer issue quickly. I bought the car from another dealer, but Lexus GB did nothing to make the experience quicker or smoother given the hassles I got from Dealer A.

Any responses would be appreciated.

Well, I'll be posting another seperate comment on that whole experience but basically I bought it in cash and got amateurish service from a sales guy who had been with lexus for only 3 months. I was told the car would be delivered on various days and conflicting accounts of where the car actually was ( I need to know this as I planned to get the car ahead of my birthday). Anyway, the manager at that branch was no better...things came to a head and he was supposed to call me back midday. He rang at 2pm to sort things out after Lexus GB got involved..and even then the attitude was not make the sale good but to say " you can have your money back". I didn't want my money, I wanted my car with proper information. I was being treated like I had bought a pack of crisps rather than a new car in cash.

Anyway, Lexus GB did nothing to solve the issues I had and I got the same car from another dealer through my own efforts. Lexus GB did not go that extra mile to make the sale given that dealer A had messed up. So quite frankly although I got good service from Dealer B this is hardly suprising as I made the sale for him...he just matched the price. So I don't think its right to make a 99% bad experience a good one on the survey form. Yes dealer B was good but Lexus GB and Dealer A were not...and since then Lexus GB have not called me or anything to see how things went with dealer B. I think the least they could have done is ring to see if I am still buying a lexus car or not (as I told them I would go to BMW as I wanted "A" car for my birthday).

So in essence, I like the car I have but I dont think I will buy another lexus purely and simply due to the over-hyped service.

What do you reckon?

Niraj, yes it was a wind up having to wait a month for the car due to dealer hassles but it was worth it in the end, as the car is fine. But as I say I don't want to give Lexus full marks. Funny how they have nothing on the feedbach sheet about dealer issues. I will write back to GB and send the feedback form asking them to send me a more thorough response form which takes into account the treatment I have received not from Dealer B but from the begining of the chain. First impressions I am afraid count. Also, dealer A was on the verge of criminal in terms of business practices (ie. issuing tax disks on faxed insurance cover notes from insurance companies rather than the original). I am told by other dealers that this is not standard practive. Also, my invoice from dealer A was not signed by the sales guy or anyone..which again I am told is not rght.

I think Lexus GB needs to seriously look into this dealer, as very few people have anything good to say about them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links