Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Powdercoated Caliper Pics

GALLA_4

Yep Daza there is a limit to what you can powdecoat!

In powder coating, the powdered paint may be applied by either of two techniques.

(a)The item is lowered into a fluidised bed of the powder, which may or may not be electrostatically charged

or

(b)The powdered paint is electrostatically charged and sprayed onto the part.

The part is then placed in an oven and the powder particles melt and coalesce to form a continuous film.

Obviously you couldn't powdercoat something that would melt at the baking stage ie plastic

Yep Daza there is a limit to what you can powdecoat!

In powder coating, the powdered paint may be applied by either of two techniques.

(a)The item is lowered into a fluidised bed of the powder, which may or may not be electrostatically charged

or

(b)The powdered paint is electrostatically charged and sprayed onto the part.

The part is then placed in an oven and the powder particles melt and coalesce to form a continuous film.

Obviously you couldn't powdercoat something that would melt at the baking stage ie plastic

cheeers

The whole lot cost me €150!!!

A family friend owns a fairly large industrial engineering firm over here!

If you can show me where to get a brembo Big Brake Kit for €150 then let me know LOL :D

The stock Calipers on the IS I have been informed are more than adequate and are far superior to most other manufacturers. If it aint broke dont fix! And plus the Legana bumper and SARD rear arch wing are not long eating into the old budget!!!

mmm  i wouldnt put the brembo on, reckon it will look naff as its obvious they are not brembo calipers,  but thats me....

i agree, its a bit like putting a HKS badge on your std zorst, but its your decision at the end of the day mate - the calipers do look very good.

I have decided not to go with the Lexus caliper decals but instead I ordered and have these Brembo Stencils.

You will be getting IS300 badges next ........... like another member on here shhhhh ! :lol:

The whole lot cost me €150!!!

A family friend owns  a fairly large industrial engineering firm over here!

If you can show me where to get a Brembo Big Brake Kit for €150 then let me know LOL :D

The stock Calipers on the IS I have been informed are more than adequate and are far superior to most other manufacturers. If it aint broke dont fix! And plus the  Legana bumper and SARD rear arch wing are not long eating into the old budget!!!

Look spot on, how much did it set you back?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links