Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I had my air conditioning re-charged about 3 weeks ago, and have just noticed the top of the dryer (cylinder with the little window) is covered in the green dye they put in with the gas.

I phoned the guy who did it, and he rekkons I'm gonna probably need a new dryer :blink: , surley the tops of these things have seals/"O" rings that can be replaced :crybaby:

Can anybody shed any light on this matter :question:

Tony.

There is a life span of the aircon,before it needs a regas,cant remember,but its bound to be different from model to model on any car.

If its working fine then theres nothing to worry about..

Always ask them to put the dye in when having it repaired or just regassed,in case you get another leak.

Cheers chips.

Well... I had a new "O" ring fitted on one of the pipes on top of the dryer, the guy re-gassed the unit, sprayed on his washing-up liquid - bubbles :crying::crybaby:

Turns out I need to replace the actual pipe as the block has a small degree of corrosion and is leaking from the join.

Phoned Lexus Cambridge today - £33.70 (£30.33 with 10% Gold discount... every little helps :winky: ).

Tony.

Glad you got it sorted Tony :) and more reason for me to become a member next month. Also if I needed to get a major item for the car, but cant get to Cambridge to get it , can I have it delivered with the discount or is it over the counter only. The reason I ask is a lad in the village will look after my car and it would be nice to know I can order parts at a reduction then ask him to fit them.

Or could I do it through a Toyota outlet?

Glad you got it sorted Tony  :) and more reason for me to become a member next month.  Also if I needed to get a major item for the car, but cant get to Cambridge to get it , can I have it delivered with the discount or is it  over the counter only. The reason I ask is a lad in the village will look after my car and it would be nice to know I can order parts at a reduction then ask him to fit them. 

Ian,

I'm not sure if you need to produce your card in person, or wether you can give the number over the phone. I only payed a deposit over the phone, and will pay the rest upon collection (including discount).

Maybe another member can enlighten you on this... :)

Tony.

Glad you got it sorted Tony  :) and more reason for me to become a member next month.  Also if I needed to get a major item for the car, but cant get to Cambridge to get it , can I have it delivered with the discount or is it  over the counter only. The reason I ask is a lad in the village will look after my car and it would be nice to know I can order parts at a reduction then ask him to fit them. 

See Chris S

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links