Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sorn Declaration!

MrADeveci

Got my letter today, if I don't tax my STOLEN vehicle or send off for a SORN declaration, I will get a fine of £40

However, DVLA know the car is stolen, because I told them that ....... and got my tax refund, when it was stolen.

Yet, they still want me to declare my vehicle as SORN.

What a cheek.

if they sent you the letter they obviously think you still own it , wait till the speeding fines and parking tickets start coming in  :ohmy:

It won't be doing much speeding when it's sitting in the compound gathering dust ......... :P

Apparently, a salvage yard has a contract with the insurance company, and so they get it first.

I was told to "ring back" to get the number for the salvage yard ..... but I couldn't be bothered.

Don't want it anyway ........... :yawn:

Was your car recovered in the end then? Where did they find it? What kind of condition was it in? Did anyone get arrested?

(Sorry if you've put all this info somewhere else, must've missed it if you did :unsure: )

Check his original stolen thread for full details and pictures.

Thanks mate, knew it had to be somewhere! :)

Can't believe they caught the guys tho, that must've been so satisfying! :D

Got my letter today, if I don't tax my STOLEN vehicle or send off for a SORN declaration, I will get a fine of £40

However, DVLA know the car is stolen, because I told them that ....... and got my tax refund, when it was stolen.

Yet, they still want me to declare my vehicle as SORN.

What a cheek.

Have you sent the V5 off to the DVLA to say you are no longer the registered keeper?

:)

Have you sent the V5 off to the DVLA to say you are no longer the registered keeper?

I sent of the tax refund form to them saying that the car was stolen, hence why I needed a refund! If they were to ceck the police national computer, it would show that the car was stolen, and now recovered.

I sent of the tax refund form to them saying that the car was stolen, hence why I needed a refund! If they were to ceck the police national computer, it would show that the car was stolen, and now recovered.

how would they know your not the registered keeper if you haven't informed them. For all they know, you could still be the keeper now the car has been recovered. now go and pick your dummy out of the corner young man and sign the form and let the nice people at the DVLA that you arn't the registered keeper. :P :P :P :P :P :P :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links