Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Looking For New Tyres

Rob

hi all,

Am looking to get some new summer tyres ( 225/45/17) at the mo i have sp9000's and they have lasted very very well but they are quite noisey so looking for something a bit quiter and lasts. i dont hammer it around corners etc so that is not a priority.

anyone had the continentals??

hi all,

Am looking to get some new summer tyres ( 225/45/17) at the mo i have sp9000's and they have lasted very very well  but they are quite noisey so looking for something a bit quiter and lasts.  i dont hammer it around corners etc so that is not a priority.

Hi rob, try www.mytyres.co.uk

Not personally, but currently have a set of Avon ZZ3's on. So far so good and no complaints. Tread wear seems much better aswell compared to the Goodyear GSD3's that they replaced....

hi all,

Am looking to get some new summer tyres ( 225/45/17) at the mo i have sp9000's and they have lasted very very well  but they are quite noisey so looking for something a bit quiter and lasts.  i dont hammer it around corners etc so that is not a priority.

Hi rob, try www.mytyres.co.uk

hi Gordon,

I have looked at the german site and there is quite a price difference - cheaper in UK ( surprising) gives me some options tho!

ta

rob.

I'm a real fan of the Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres. Not loud, IMHO the best sports tyre in the wet. Treadwear is about average though, prices are on the expensive side (not as bad as Michelin).

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Not personally, but currently have a set of Avon ZZ3's on. So far so good and no complaints. Tread wear seems much better aswell compared to the Goodyear GSD3's that they replaced....

i'm running a set of Avon Z223's as well. Yep, they are a good tyre on the whole and they wear well, but I find them a bit noisy when driving at high speeds...these Avon Tyres are certainly better than the :tsktsk: Nankang tyres that I used to have!

I'm a real fan of the COntinental Sport Contact 2 tyres.  Not loud, IMHO the best sports tyre in the wet.  Treadwear is about average though, prices are on the expensive side (not as bad as Michelin). 

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

haha michelins were €190 !!! :lol::lol: i have found a place that is about 20 k away from the border and have been told that they are cheap, we shall see!

have a look here too Rob ;)

Matt i come very close yesterday to ordering four tyres from here ,but giving out my credit card details over a mobile phone went against the grain a little ,has anyone else orderd from here yet or is there any other way to pay.must add this is a great deal and i would save over £200 on four tyres

Matt i come very close yesterday to ordering four tyres from here ,but giving out my credit card details over a mobile phone went against the grain a little ,has anyone else orderd from here yet or is there any other way to pay.must add this is a great deal and i would save over £200 on four tyres

Tony,

the owner of that company is a LOC member mate ;). The company has also been around a while.

I ordered my tyres there the other day - delivery was within a few days ;)

£200 is a hell of a saving mate - thats 8 years gold subscription saved in one go.

Tony,

the owner of that company is a LOC member mate ;). The company has also been around a while.

I ordered my tyres there the other day - delivery was within a few days ;)

£200 is a hell of a saving mate - thats 8 years gold subscription saved in one go.

sounds good i will order mine on monday . :)

been offered 4 bf goodrich  G profiler tyres 225/45/17  inc fitting etc  for €560 ( £400)

never heard of that model so will investigate further.

BF Goodrich are a decent brand mate - I know someone who swore by them.

If I recall correctly, it was BFG that offered a warranty on the tyres - if you had a puncture, then they refunded a percentage of the cost.

These aren't the right numbers mate - just an example.

Tyres are guaranteed for 100,000 miles.

You loose the tyre @ 20,000 miles, they refund you 80% of the cost of the tyre.

Of course, there are T&C's attached to that warranty :blush:

had this on my volvo ,got three punctures in as many months and it never cost a thing to replace them as they were hardly worn .i tried to buy them again when i first got the lexus but was told they had stopped doing this deal

had this on my volvo ,got three punctures in as many months and it never cost a thing to replace them as they were hardly worn .i tried to buy them again when i first got the lexus but was told they had stopped doing this deal

have they?

my mate had claimed on this warranty before (a few years ago) and kept on buying the tyres because of it - never realised they had stopped.

Hi fluff34567,

I am also looking for some new tyres which are low noise, good comfort and safe. My current Fulda Carot Extremos are awful - very noisy due to uneven wear. The replacement shortlist is (bad points noted):

Continental ContiSportContact 2 (?)

Dunlop SP Sport 9000 (noisy as they start to wear down)

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 (dont last long and noisy)

Michelin Pilot Primacy (very poor customer reviews on tirerack.com)

Yokohama AVS dB S2 (noisy after >5000 miles!)

After much research I finding it increasingly difficult to make a choice. The reviews on various websites (eg www.tirerack.com, www.tyretest.com) seem to contridict each other not to mention the customer reviews on www.tirerack.com. Kwik Fit are currently offering 4 for the price of 3 on Continental tyres which is tempting.

Let me know what you decide.

Hi fluff34567,

I am also looking for some new tyres which are low noise, good comfort and safe. My current Fulda Carot Extremos are awful - very noisy due to uneven wear. The replacement shortlist is (bad points noted):

Continental ContiSportContact 2 (?)

Dunlop SP Sport 9000 (noisy as they start to wear down)

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 (dont last long and noisy)

Michelin Pilot Primacy (very poor customer reviews on tirerack.com)

Yokohama AVS dB S2 (noisy after >5000 miles!)

After much research I finding it increasingly difficult to make a choice. The reviews on various websites (eg www.tirerack.com, www.tyretest.com) seem to contridict each other not to mention the customer reviews on www.tirerack.com. Kwik Fit are currently offering 4 for the price of 3 on Continental tyres which is tempting.

Let me know what you decide.

hi names rob BTW,

thanks for that, i had the dunlops before and am tempted to go for them again as they last ages, but as u say get very loud when they wear down, but they have a new verion out called sport maxx, that is meant to be better. I had a look at the contis also, but they seem to be very soft so not sure how long they will last. i had a look at the BF site and am tempted by them TBH, i will try find out the tread wear rating then go from there.

ta rob.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links