Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Buy Tv From?

Maz

which is best guys, was tempting to buy online, but what after sale like from online retailers? shops is easier for they are more expensive than getting it online, any shop or online companies you guys can recommand?

Regards

Maz

online or get John Lewis to price match an online site and get a better warranty.

However some John Lewis stores don't price match as well as others so you may have to try more than one.

As for good online stores I've seen good things about Empire Direct on avforums.com (also so bad things). The main thing is if there is a problem they will pick up and ship another unit without fuss.

I have personally used http://www.robertsons-online.co.uk/ in the past without problems.

which is best guys, was tempting to buy online, but what after sale like from online retailers? shops is easier for they are more expensive than getting it online, any shop or online companies you guys can recommand?

Regards

Maz

I'd say shop around and only buy online if there is a big price difference. When we got our plasma, ended up buying it from a shop cos they installed it too, and only cost a tiny bit more :)

John Lewis will very rarely match an online price - they told me so.

Depends what you want , how much you know about what you want etc. Thing to beware of is that the onliners offer a zero after sales service, even though they are obliged to honour the warranty.

Swings and roundabouts - I saved over £1,000 on a plasma set 2 years ago, without problems. Go for a reputable brand, do your homework reading the reviews in the hi-fi/home cinema mags and you should be OK. It's a bit naughty but you can also go round a few high street retailers and check out the same kit you can buy online for £000's less.

i've bought lots online, no problems at all.

pricerunner, kelkoo etc are a good starting point but they don't always find the best price. i've found it best to research what you want by going round the shops, reading up (as per Mr M) then when you narrow it down to a few model numbers, just search on these using your normal search engine.

it might take a few hours, but on a plasma or LCD tv, you could be saving £100's...(when we bought our 32" widescreen - we got the tv & stand, dvd home cinema & video player online for the price curry's wanted JUST for the tv!)

try - hughesdirect.co.uk

unbeatable.co.uk

digital-point.co.uk

rgbdirect.co.uk

happy shopping!

Thank guys, i was looking at the Toshiba 32WL48P LCD screen, and most shops dont have it or is £400-600 more compare to online companies, and the only thing that put me off from buying online is the after sale service, but i will have a look, hopefully i can get 1 soon at a reasonable price..... :) :) :) :) :)

Thank guys, i was looking at the Toshiba 32WL48P LCD screen, and most shops dont have it or is £400-600 more compare to online companies, and the only thing that put me off from buying online is the after sale service, but i will have a look, hopefully i can get 1 soon at a reasonable price..... :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

This is slightly off topic, but as you're buying a new tv, do make sure its HDTV ready, I think most LCDs are but you don't wanna fork out loads for it and then find it won't be compatible

Go to the shops (Dixons, Currys, Comet, etc.). You'll get a good chance to compare the features and see the set in action. Then bugger off to Argos or buy online.

I swear by www.pricerunner.com as they compare all online retailers

Maz also try Kelkoo i bought a LCD TV recently online and checked prices on these two sites - there are also reviews on the sites so read them before you decide to buy from them....cant remember the site i bought from i thing it was tv video direct or something like that :winky:

I bought a nice 32" widescreen a couple of year's ago from Comet online and did not have any problems, the issue with a lot of online stores like Empire is they often charge sooo much for shipping. If you have a problem they will exchange with X amount of time and if you are really not happy then you can go to a store and kick and shout.

Thank guys, i was looking at the Toshiba 32WL48P LCD screen, and most shops dont have it or is £400-600 more compare to online companies, and the only thing that put me off from buying online is the after sale service, but i will have a look, hopefully i can get 1 soon at a reasonable price..... :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Go look at this TV in a shop first Tony

then have a look at a sharp aquos :)

as far as I know Toshiba dont make their own panals and actually use very cheap one :(

same goes for sony too

to be future proof

check it has a HDMI socket on the set then you'll be all ready for the new HD technologies. one last thing is to check the supplier will take it back if you have any dead pixies

some shops will even though the manufacturer state it isnt a fault

at the moment I would go for a pioneer plasma with the billion colour display

very nice with the right input :)

I bought a 36" Toshiba TV from Here

£1800 in Dixons, got for £1150, great service, was unlucky, got two faulty TV's but when you buy Toshiba it's Toshiba themselves who replace them and it was all done with no quibbles, they also forgot to pick up the remotes when they changed them so I have three for the one telly. Would never buy in a shop again.

Roger.

Thank guys, will try all the local stores first, as i have narrow down a few sets now after reading many reviews, just need to see them in person and decide which 1 to go for....here are the list

for LCD..

Toshiba 32WL48 HDTV ready

Viewsonic N3200W HDTV ready

CRT...

Toshiba 36ZP48

Sony KV-36HQ100B

Panasonic TX-36PL32

would love to go for LCD, but only found 1 company have the Toshiba 32WL48 in stock, and you cant get this set anyway else...Viewsonic N3200W is pretty good too from what i read, if i cant get an LCD set then will be down to the 36" CRT sets listed above...will see what happen...hehe :) :) :) :) :)

mate

if you can squeeze down to a 32 give the Philips Pixel Plus 2 a look.. I just bought one of these babies and the picture is amazing... has won many awards for best picture. Uses Pixel plus technology.

When I first turned the set on I could not believe the clarity... sort of 3d effect...

I find now when I see other peoples TV's the picture looks bad.. thats how good it is.

I wanted the 36 but the philips soon changed my mind!!!

Thank Steve, i ended up getting a Philips 32" LCD with Pixel Plus 2 and its HDTV ready....cant wait for it to come next Tuesday... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

The 9986? Easily the best LCD screen on the market at the moment, wish I had the money :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links