Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wheels_inmotion.co.uk...

Tony9r

Tony, I have had my MK1 GS300 for nearly 3 months now, and right from the start there was a noise that came from the front of the car when moving - like a rumble at around 30mph to a whine at around 60mph. Took the car back to the dealer (non-Lexus) as I thought it was a worn wheel bearing.

They had the car for the day and reported all the bearings were fine, but the guy admitted after a test drive that the noise was there and suggested it was the o/s front tyre that was the culprit, stating that the Avon ZZ1's (fitted all 'round and newish) were renound for a lot of road noise.

After a couple of days I fitted the spare (with a different brand tyre on), to the front, and sure enough the noise had virtually gone, so put the Avon back on to keep them all the same (noise back).

Now just recently I've noticed the outside edge of the front o/s is wearing quite rapidly - so is the inside edge of the front n/s.

Would this be anything to do with the wheels needing a full geometry set-up... would this cause the excessive road noise and wear?

Any help much appreciated :winky:

Tony.

Yes very much so, i'm a little worried that the wear is nsf inner and osf outer, that geometricaly means the cradle symmetry is wrong, the noise can be the point of load on the tyre is off and the tread is reacting, get a "full" geometry real soon and keep me/ us posted.

Yes very much so, i'm a little worried that the wear is nsf inner and osf outer, that  geometricaly means the cradle symmetry is wrong, the noise can be the point of load on the tyre is off and the tread is reacting, get a "full" geometry real soon and keep me/ us posted.

Sorry mate, got it the wrong way 'round :blush:

The nsf outer & osf inner is wearing.

Do you (or anybody else) know of a good garage in Cambridgeshire that would be able to carry out a full geometry set-up :question:

Tony.

Yes very much so, i'm a little worried that the wear is nsf inner and osf outer, that  geometricaly means the cradle symmetry is wrong, the noise can be the point of load on the tyre is off and the tread is reacting, get a "full" geometry real soon and keep me/ us posted.

Do you (or anybody else) know of a good garage in Cambridgeshire that would be able to carry out a full geometry set-up :question:

Tony.

Same applies ( cradle symmetry ) best advice i can give for a trusted centre is to go to my site [ click here ] hit the site map then veiw the "trusted centres". you really do have an issue here and as i said i am worried for you! "why" = if the suspension is lowerd or wider wheels are fitted then the wear on the tyres would be both on the inside/ outside when the wear is in/out then that would suggest.... "sorry" some form of impact hence the \| \| wear. dont be to down yet the car has adjustable camber to the sum of 1deg 30' or so.

i "need" a full geometry report, i/ we can and will help, does the car pull left??

Edited by ScarFace

Tony.

Same applies ( cradle symmetry ) best advice i can give for a trusted centre is to go to my site [ click here ] hit the site map then veiw the "trusted centres". you really do have an issue here and as i said i am worried for you! "why" = if the suspension is lowerd or wider wheels are fitted then the wear on the tyres would be both on the inside/ outside when the wear is in/out then that would suggest.... "sorry" some form of impact hence the \| \| wear. dont be to down yet the car has adjustable camber to the sum of 1deg 30' or so.

i "need" a full geometry report, i/ we can and will help, does the car pull left??

The car doesn't "seem" to pull left... as far as I can tell it drives fine :blink:

If it would be Ok, I'd come over to see you to sort it out (only about an hours drive away), but funds are a bit low at the mo - just bought a shed :P

What sort of cost would it be for the set-up :question:

Tony.

tony i need to book up for a full geometry is your diary very full ?

I take it i am the nearest? subject to a softwear problem at the moment with the geometry machine i am out of action for the next few days, i can sort it once done but i cannot give a day, email me @ wheels-inmotion@ntlworld.com and i will keep you updated.

please dont get to down hearted with the car, things may read desperate but all can be recoverd, i'm not out to make a living from you the geometry test only costs £25, anyhoo "does the car pull left"

Tony, have sent you an e-mail :winky:

Tony.

Ok Tony got the mail i will keep you updated, the fact there is no pull is "real" good news, this means the castor is not involved, "chin up" we will get it sorted.

Thanx mate :winky: :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links