Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Eu Regulations.

Tough new EU regulation are going to sweep across the MOT test , i big clamp down on after market parts for cars, none factory/dealer fitted body kits, lamp units and a ban on tinted windows.

1) all front and rear lamp units must be factory fitted.

2) All tinted glass to be band over 30%.

3) Body kits need to be type approved, so only main dealers parts can be used.

This has been done in conjunction with the insurance industry, to help make insurance claims quicker :angry: .

12 noon has passed..... APRIL FOOL :winky: :winky:

Great info there Bob .............. where did you get it from ? is there any where we can actually reference the new EU regs from.

The legendary "lexus lights" will be a thing of the past then ! B)

Great info there Bob .............. where did you get it from ? is there any where we can actually reference the new EU regs from.

The legendary "lexus lights" will be a thing of the past then !  B)

Hi Scarface, i read the info from the TOC this morning .

Tough new EU regulation are going to sweep across the MOT test , i big clamp down on after market parts for cars, none factory/dealer fitted body kits, lamp units and a ban on tinted windows.

1) all front and rear lamp units must be factory fitted.

2) All tinted glass to be band over 30%.

3) Body kits need to be type approved, so only main dealers parts can be used.

This has been done in conjunction with the insurance industry, to help make insurance claims quicker :angry: .

Does this mean no aftermarket bodykits?

no...

This is nothing new - all aftermarket parts should have a 'E' stamp to be legal now anyway... including lights/bodykits etc...

and you think your MoT station will crawl over the car looking for E marks?

im currently dismantaling a set of front and rear lights to spray the chrome parts black and then put back on the car! will these be ok, surely the lights still have the E mark stamped into the unit! :duh: This is confusing :duh:

im currently dismantaling a set of front and rear lights to spray the chrome parts black and then put back on the car! will these be ok, surely the lights still have the E mark stamped into the unit! :duh:  This is confusing :duh:

I will look into this ...... and find an offical "EU Regs" guidelines.

And post ............

im currently dismantaling a set of front and rear lights to spray the chrome parts black and then put back on the car! will these be ok, surely the lights still have the E mark stamped into the unit! :duh:  This is confusing :duh:

I will look into this ...... and find an offical "EU Regs" guidelines.

And post ............

Thanks Mr Face :P

Are these new EU regulations by any chance the same as the ones quoted in the BMW ads in today's papers . . ?

Well, have you looked in today's papers?

Havn't seen the papers yet? was just hoping this is an April Fools :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links