Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sun Run 2005

TheDon

Sun Run Web Site

Well i am entering this rally from Brands hatch to Ibiza as i think this is probably the last chance i will have of doing anything like this before i buy/build my first house.

Its leaving on the 4th July 2005 from brands hatch and will be quite a spectacle of 150 modified cars making their way down the M20.

Is anyone else entering this event? costs are £2500 for entry and will be turned into a channel 4 series as there are also 10 cameras going into the cars.

There is also a large magazine coverage, as well as lots of international tuning magazines who should be turning out to cover the stop overs as we go through France and Spain on our way to a 3 day trip around Ibiza.

Also am looking for anyone that wants to advertise etc etc as every little helps (3000 miles in a supercharged lex is gonna be a big petrol bill, lol)

or if you know of anyone who wants to sponsor me then contact me on chris@g-ridez.com .

Will definately like to advertise the Lexus Owners Club!!!

My car number is 5, which means earliest starts etc from gates and photographers etc.

ok, dont see why not, do you have any club URL's to send?

Cant put it on the paying areas tho, gotta minimise the dent to me wallet somehow

also mat, dont suppose you could pop a word in tte's ear. Just incase - seeing as i have their Charger kit on the car - good europe wide advert me thinks?

• 3 months later...

Didn't see this before. Sounds really good? :D

What was it like? Was it/is it on TV? Thought Channel 4 are covering it?

Did you manged to get enough sponsers to cover your petrol bill then? :lol:

Got any pics?

Well Done! :D

PS :offtopic: Glad you figured out the Sat Nav

the whole event was cancelled by the french authurites (sp)

after gumball and euro thrash went thru and trashed the roads they threatened the organisers of sun run with imprisonment and also all modded cars coming off the ferries/tunnel would be impounded and charged 5000 euros to release the car.

was considering not doing it towards the end as they were having troubles a while ago with permission although it had been granted back in january.

Actual cost of petrol would have been about £800 all in by autoroutes calculating plus a 20% contingency.

Would have been a great experience, wonder if it was because they were the only people to post up a day by day plan of locations etc that they got targeted as gumball leave it to the day as for the location of next meet.

there is a full write up in the last issue of fast car as to the reasons why the event was cancelled.

my first indication was when i saw the subaru i had been helping ministry find companies to mod it on eBay!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links