Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Miles Per Gallon

I've been driving mainly combined but I'm only getting 20 miles pergallon.

I drive like a granny and even allow it to free wheel when going downhill.

What are you getting? Anything I can do to increase the MPG.

Cheers

I drive completely around town, with a really heavy right foot and get 21-22 mpg, what you're getting doesn't seem right, that must be less than 300 miles to a tank? :blink:

I drive like a granny and even allow it to free wheel when going downhill.

What are you getting? Anything I can do to increase the MPG.

Cheers

Blimey, that's poor.

Freewheeling downhill probably uses more fuel than just coasting in gear (because of the fuel cut-off on overun).

Has it been serviced?

Is the air-filter clean?

Try an ECU reset.

Airflow sensor may require cleaning.

I've never got less than 25mpg (IS300).

The IS200 is bad on fuel but not that bad.

Worth checking air filter, tyre pressures, brakes for binding or hook it up to diagnostic equipment and check air temp/air flow/O2/coolant readings are correct and sensors working properly.

Without wanting to sound too naive.... how do you work that out ?? The needle on the dashboard goes up and down accordingly, but I presume there is an easy way to get a rough idea of mpg ?

I try to be easy on the throttle as most of my driving is on country B roads. Unless I'm on a dual carriage way, I rarely see the needle go over 20 mpg..... :unsure:

I fuelled up which I thing cost ne £55 and I've done £280 miles with just a tiny bit left. I might get another 15 miles if I'm lucky.

I've just had a full service on it and specifically the air filter and fuel filters were changed.

The engine seems really slow on take off especuially on 1st and 2nd could one of the cyclinder/valves (pardon my stupid question) be broken?

My wife has also complained it's slow, I told her don't be stupid it's a 2.0 litre car but she's right.

Thanks for the advice as always I really appreciate it.

Without wanting to sound too naive.... how do you work that out ?? The needle on the dashboard goes up and down accordingly, but I presume there is an easy way to get a rough idea of mpg ?

I try to be easy on the throttle as most of my driving is on country B roads. Unless I'm on a dual carriage way, I rarely see the needle go over 20 mpg..... :unsure:

when the tank is full it holds 70 litres so when u fill up u can see how much u have put in.

say u put in 60 litres( 13.18 gallons) and have done 350 miles 350 divided by 13.18 = 26.55 MPG

i drive steady ish but i still get 340-360 on a full tank.

like the others have said freewheeling uses more fuel than leaving it in gear

but i had a vw golf v6 4 motion before my lex and that felt quite slow so i took it back to the dealer and the ecu was retarding the engine for some stupid reason, so worth getting it checked,

was your lexus like that before the service?

Sunil,

I’ve had an IS200 for 5 years and rarely get less than 28mpg and I’m used to seeing 30 mpg plus. The overall average is 32mpg. I’m gentle with the car, but the revs are there to be used, so I do. Cannot agree more with using only branded fuel. Shell, BP etc., steer well clear of the supermarkets.

how do I go about getting the ecu reset?

Does it have to be at a lexus garage or can an indementend do it?

How much are we looking at?

Thnaks

Sunil

You do it yourself in about 5 minutes :winky:

Look HERE

Tony.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links