Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 In Meseyside Watch Out

Anyone with a IS 200 in Liverpool keep a eye on your motor i have had 3 attempted break ins to my home over the weekend to get the keys for what the police are saying is a incressing number of incedents in the area, i know they are after a IS200 as they tried the same think at my mate house around the corner who also has a IS.

Off subject but i got the reg nunber of the car involved (i chased them again last night), anyone know if this info can be traced???

Anyone with a IS 200 in Liverpool keep a eye on your motor i have had 3 attempted break ins to my home over the weekend to get the keys for what the police are saying is a incressing number of incedents in the area, i know they are after a IS200 as they tried the same think at my mate house around the corner who also has a IS.

Off subject but i got the reg nunber of the car involved (i chased them again last night), anyone know if this info can be traced???

I know if you have a valid reason, you pay something around £10 and the DVLA will give you the details of the owner of the vehicle

would i just phone the DVLA then???

one of the joys of the "freedom of information act" ?? £10 is the standard charge for info that is requested that is held under data protection act.

I have done this before. From what I remember there is a form that you need to fill out. Give them a call and they will fax it to you. You also need a valid reason for requesting the info. Im sure you will think of something...

Given the nature of these guys employment, I think its likely the car they were using is knocked off too.

dunno, but I was in Liverpool the other week and I didnt feel safe to leave the car anywhere so I went somewhere else

no offence to liverpudlians

I'm a scouser mate - I took no offense, as its true.

But - Liverpool is no worse than any other city. There are areas where you do not want to leave your car, and areas that are nicer.

We about where you mate?

Matt I live in Manchester but a lot of my old mates are Scousers and I used to drink a lot in Liverpool & Birkenhead. Never once had a bit of bother with my cars over there. But back in Manchester city centre it used to be murder for car crime. It's not the people its "some" of the people. There is good and bad everywhere. A nice post code doesn't make them a nice person.

Wilo

Sorry about your hassles had same problem over in Stockport with both of my IS's. After last time, caught 4/5 lads trying to lever the window with a garden spade in broad day light, got a security parking post installed. Another hassle for the scrotes and touch wood had no problems since. PM if you want the installers details was less than £160 fully installed.

Wilo

Sorry about your hassles had same problem over in Stockport with both of my IS's. After last time, caught 4/5 lads trying to lever the window with a garden spade in broad day light, got a security parking post installed. Another hassle for the scrotes and touch wood had no problems since. PM if you want the installers details was less than £160 fully installed.

Is that one of those electric retractable posts?

I am getting a blackjax fitted to my car tomorrow, at a company in Cheshire.

Will cost £225.

Thats a touch more expensive than the post - but the blackjax unit will protect your car when it is parked anywhere, not just your drive.

I will post details and pics etc up in gold tomorrow ;)

dunno, but I was in Liverpool the other week and I didnt feel safe to leave the car anywhere so I went somewhere else

But - Liverpool is no worse than any other city. There are areas where you do not want to leave your car, and areas that are nicer.

We about where you mate?

dnt knw exactly, the ex originally came from Liverpool and I took her to see her grandmother, only thing I can remember was the big ugly contrete hospital nearby

Wilo

Is that one of those electric retractable posts?

Not electric, metal post a 4ft. Goes into a steel and concrete setting about 1 ft down, there is then an adjacent lock that holds it in place. Not the prettiest thing but a very good visable deterant. Only hassle is having to unlock it and storing the post in the house each morning, but defo worth it.

Cheers for all the info turns out the car is stolen, scum , i am fuming as they have been driving around the area at all diferent times eaven as early as midday, i have phoned the police and the last time they took 14 hours to come out, like they have any chance of finding them, i had a car chase with them last night again and they crashed but still managed to get away as i was not willing to do 100 in a 20mph area. Death needs to be delt out.

Cheers for all the info turns out the car is stolen, scum , i am fuming as they have been driving around the area at all diferent times eaven as early as midday, i have phoned the police and the last time they took 14 hours to come out, like they have any chance of finding them, i had a car chase with them last night again and they crashed but still managed to get away as i was not willing to do 100 in a 20mph area. Death needs to be delt out.

Be careful mate, even if they are scum not worth getting yourself nicked/hurt over.

be careful mate , they might wait for u when u go to the car and then steal it, get urself an anti hijack unit / tracker etc fitted asap! all well and good having these posts etc but ur still a target as soon as that post goes down!

We about where you mate?

I agree, i was driving through Bristol the other day and felt like a wilderbeast that had strayed into the middle of a pack of lions....

What part of liverpool?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links