Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lowered Your Car,, Problems With Tire Wear

Fargo

They would work on cars with -1deg of cam.... but if your somewhere around -1.5-3 deg cam off then its not going to give much adjustment.

Depends how bad your camber is in the first place... Tony had problems with mine... but it will actually give me some arch clearance for new wheels ;)

so they do actually help then Tony?

"YES" but only if the strut has two lower pinch bolts, and i must admit i cant remember if the lex has one or two! ( little help needed ) if it is two then the force adjuster bolts allow 1 degree 30' +- add the natural adjuster to this and the toe adjuster then recovery is possible in the most desperate of cases.

i use the bolts on a daily basis and never connected there use for the lexus, since the lex has built in adjusters, when they max out it has been a tail of "well thats it"

i feel embarrassed.

the adjuster bolt procedure would be..

REAR: zero the natural camber adjuster

: zero the natural toe adjuster

: fit the force adjuster and max it out

: tune the geometry with the natural adjusters

FRONT: is much more complex due to the castor and no one procedure will cover all.

There is 1 bolt on the front suspension, holding the strut to the Hub assembly.

i overcame the Camber problems by using Adjustable upper wishbones

OK, in most cases the main problem with recovery is the rear, do you know has the strut got one or two pinch bolts at the hub?

ah on the rear the strut is bolted through the lower arm, the adjuster is on the hub bolt..

i have attached a pic.ignore the "undo" ive taken this from mt Tutorial

pic_4_undo_this_bolt.sized.jpg

the bolt marked "undo" is the rear strut lower mount, the bolt visable at the end of the lower arm is the eccentric adjuster

**** for orientation this is the rear left Hub****

ah on the rear the strut is bolted through the lower arm, the adjuster is on the hub bolt..

i have attached a pic.ignore the "undo" ive taken this from mt Tutorial

pic_4_undo_this_bolt.sized.jpg

the bolt marked "undo" is the rear strut lower mount, the bolt visable at the end of the lower arm is the eccentric adjuster

**** for orientation this is the rear left Hub****

Thanks for that, seemingly the adjuster bolts are a no go... shame since i know a few members here that need that extra bit of adjustment, there was talk of replacing the bolt on the inner lower arm but specprod usa could'nt validate the tensile strength since its through a bush and active rather then through the strut which is inert, i tend to find that most cars with natural adjusters are unsupported and to be fair the market would be small for the manufacture. on a different note "why" is there no listings for the IS200 in the USA even in the LOC USA forum there is no IS200?...

So if the bolts cannot be used, how is that they sell the OBX ones? These are the same bolts as I was going to get, how can they sell them if they will not work?

IS200 is not sold in the US Tony... hence no mention of it over there

So if the bolts cannot be used, how is that they sell the OBX ones? These are the same bolts as I was going to get, how can they sell them if they will not work?

be sure which area you mean? if the bolts are for the strut then fine, if thay are for the lower arm then i dont know??? no listing for the lower arm exists so i contacted specprod for advice they wern't conclusive and i rejected the possibility of useing the bolts since there is a chance they may come loose, no adjustment is worth someones life.. and "why" is'nt the IS200 sold in the US!

be sure which area you mean? if the bolts are for the strut then fine, if thay are for the lower arm then i dont know??? no listing for the lower arm exists so i contacted specprod for advice they wern't conclusive and i rejected the possibility of useing the bolts since there is a chance they may come loose, no adjustment is worth someones life.. and "why" is'nt the IS200 sold in the US!

Tony, the IS200 isn't sold in US, but the IS300 is! Same car just 3ltr lump instead of 2.5ltr..

Tony, the IS200 isn't sold in US, but the IS300 is! Same car just 3ltr lump instead of 2.5ltr..

Thanks for that, now things make perfect sense, but i still wonder "why"

:whistling:

:whistling:

OK,OK 3ltr not a 2.5ltr, my question still stands? "why" world wide the IS200 has a healthy market but not in the USA??? is this down to pure horse power or is there a more underlying reason.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links