Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Turbo For Under 2 Grand!

Found this while bouncing about the net.

http://www.turbo-kits.com/IS200_turbo_kits.html

Had an e-mail confirmation that shipping to the UK would be $350. That makes $3749 excluding any import duty. At todays exchange of $1.89 to the pound that makes the lot £ 1985 give or take.

Any thoughts/comments out there?

Was thinking about s/c but this is less than a TTE kit.

Neil

Had an e-mail confirmation that shipping to the UK would be $350. That makes $3749 excluding any import duty. At todays exchange of $1.89 to the pound that makes the lot £ 1985 give or take.

Any thoughts/comments out there?

Yes and some more $$$$ to run this car perfectly, so in reality it's

not really cheaper than the SC.

YOu would have to buy many other stuff which is not included. ;)

Listen to Daza and Fargo.... read the threads about turbocharging this car.

You should know much about turbocars and know what you do.

It consists of tons of work and contains tons of problems.

And it's not really so "bolt-on" as it should be. :yawn:

Notice that. ;)

:lol:  Turbo for under 2K i dont think so  :lol:

Read most of the turbo threads, including Marcus story, grief or wot! 20 amp fuse blowing you can bout start a car on 20 amps :crybaby:

Anyway as instructions "generic" don't think that a fit is "wake up Sunday, quick bonk with the misses, dress, coffee & toast, "bolt on turbo", quick bore down the bypass to test, park-up, then down the pub for a beer and and lunch by 1 :D

All seems there in the kit and it's 1.5K cheaper than any other one I have seen so thought you blower nuts might like to know.

• 2 weeks later...
:lol:  Turbo for under 2K i dont think so  :lol:

Read most of the turbo threads, including Marcus story, grief or wot! 20 amp fuse blowing you can bout start a car on 20 amps :crybaby:

Anyway as instructions "generic" don't think that a fit is "wake up Sunday, quick bonk with the misses, dress, coffee & toast, "bolt on turbo", quick bore down the bypass to test, park-up, then down the pub for a beer and and lunch by 1 :D

All seems there in the kit and it's 1.5K cheaper than any other one I have seen so thought you blower nuts might like to know.

not takeing the ***** mate, thats a good price, but its all the bits you still have to get that dont come with the kit that bumps the price up,............and one of the costs is geting it fitted that can set you back about 2k so now that 2k kit is now a 4k kit...........then on top you would still have to get more bits to make the kit fit the way it should.............say £500 on top so now the kit comes out at 4.5k :sick: see ...........that why i :lol: when you posted get turbo kit for 2k :winky:

Sounds like the kit I've got.

Lots of work required.

Not a weekend job !

However having done it once I (well the guy who is doing the work) could do it much quicker.....

like re locating the actuator/modifying the engine mounts/attaching the intercooler/getting the intercooler pipes to fit/getting the oil return thingymajig to seal to the sump/getting the oil feed line extended...............I could go on

Dont forget Mr Blair has put an extra 15% duty on as well (from the US)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links