Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help

Just recently, when wifey gets out of the car, she shuts the door,and she gets a belt

Any LOC ers out there experienced this problem,or have a cure please let me know, otherwise she will have to wear her Marigolds when we go out. :blush:

By the way it does'nt happen to me.

In anticipation,

Many thanks to you wise ones out there :D

Help

Just recently, when wifey gets out of the car, she shuts the door,and she gets a belt

Any LOC ers out there experienced this problem,or have a cure please let me know, otherwise she will have to wear her Marigolds when we go out. :blush:

By the way it does'nt happen to me.

In anticipation,

Many thanks to you wise ones out there :D

Yes this is an easy one though it usually happens with cars that don't have leather.

The solution is to hold a metal part of the door (window frame usually or B post) as you get out. This stops the generation of static as you move. Its actually the person discharging through the door rather than the person getting zapped by the car which is why it doesn't happen to you. Long hair, nylon based clothes etc usually the cause but the list is endless......

somethin that will help a lot is to spray the carpet on the passenger side with a mixture of water and fabric conditioner.

I used to do this in my mainframe repair days on nylon carpets - does a great job of relieving static - the water dries out and the fabric conditioner is conductive.

Nylon can cause this , get her to take her nicks off :)

wifey says to tell you there cotton :D

Thanks for your replies and solutions guys will put them into operation this W/E :D

Celotape a strip of Aluminum foil to her left foot, and dangle it out the door, so its in contact with the road..........that should keep her earthed at all times

Will it not wear her shoe down, thus costing me a small fortune in shoe repairs,or has Prolex UK got anything in the pipeline,that she could wear and long lasting :lol::lol: :D :hehe:

Celotape a strip of Aluminum foil to her left foot, and dangle it out the door, so its in contact with the road..........that should keep her earthed at all times

Will it not wear her shoe down, thus costing me a small fortune in shoe repairs,or has Prolex UK got anything in the pipeline,that she could wear and long lasting :lol::lol: :D :hehe:

:lol: if your not careful mate she'll be hanging you out the window dragging you along the floor :lol:

Zee is right. I had the same problem with my missus and the GS. Got rid of the missus and the issue has never come back.

On reflection, it would have been cheaper to have swopped the car in ...........

Zee is right. I had the same problem with my missus and the GS. Got rid of the missus and the issue has never come back.

On reflection, it would have been cheaper to have swopped the car in ...........

on the other hand u could try to build up the charge and then claim it was spontaneous human combuastion and buy a new GS with the insurance payout

always thinking me :D

Hold metal part of key.

Touch key to door or door frame.

Static will arc from the key to the frame, she'll hardly notice it compared to when it arcs from her fingers!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links