Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LOC Fundraising Event

Stu

Stu,

I have the ideal place for all of this mate .... the Metropolitan Police Sports Club (Chigwell, Essex) ..... It's a club for police members + guests, and it's huge ... there is football pitches .... rugby .... rounders .... everything you want !

Above all there is a nice PUB on site, with a great Beer Garden ..... also space for a BBQ.

If you interested, I can get the venue sorted for us all in summer some time, that would be a great idea ! .... secure parking too .... as it's a police ground, there will only be serving / retired police officers on site .... so our cars will also be safe !

Tell me what you think ......

http://www.chigwellsportsclub.com/

That's the web address, but it's not really much info ......

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im up for most things, date will be the decideing factor as always though!

its a knockout would be great, im well up for that. same goes for footie, karting and paintballing.

heres another idea, the snowdome in my lovely home towm of tamworth now have an indoor snowmobile track which at the mo is £5 for 10 laps, im sure we could sort out a deal with them, theres also ice skating, tubing, tobaggoning, boarding and of course skiing. there are 2 bars, food, travel inn 5 mins walk away too.

whatever the general consensus is lets do it man!!!!!!!!!!! lets have a year of some great meets!!!!!!!

Like the idea of the police facilities, sounds like they have all we could need there!

Lets decide on some dates for this then, and see whats avaliable. And also, get some definate attendance figures, as it's pointless doing this if theres only gonna be 20 people show up.

Stu

Thats sounds like a good idea ....... but the chances of it happening mate, would be pretty slim .. .. .. ......... although I could always circulate a suggestion on the borough, once it's all arranged - and we all know what it will be ... football .... etc .... I'm sure there will be people who will want to participate ..

When they find out it's for Charity ... i'm sure I can get some figures up !

:P

Mr Scarface has kindly agreed to check out the venue for us, think that the police one is absolutely perfect for what we want, and he thinks it'll be free of charge, which is always a bonus!

Probably looking to do it as a 5-a-side tournament (with rounders or something extra going on for a bit of extra fun), and i think perhaps you guys could assemble your teams amongst yourselves, and give yourselves a name (a clean one please, it will be posted in the public forums!). I will let you know what the closing date for team entries will be when we have a date for the venue.

Looking to do it on a saturday/sunday in June sometime, preferabbly early June so people still have plenty of weekends left to prepare themselves and their rides for JAE!

It's likley that we will be offering tickets into the day at a reduced rate for those that wish to pay in advance, and for those that wish to pay on the day, it will obviously be higher. Quite likely to be priced per car, and not per person.

Will also be looking to you guys as members to donate food etc for the BBQ and maybe some drinks :winky: if you feel so inclined.

Also, would one of our club traders be interested in maybe sponsoring a show and shine contest? With the judging to be carried out by them, and possibly a club representitave.

If you feel you can suggest anything from this, or have any issues, please either post up here, or PM me.

Stu

I know it's a bit of a way out for some of you guys, but do try to make it if you can!

I'm sure that some of us that live a bit closer could put some of you up for the night if you wish!

Stu

I went to the Chigwell Sports Club today .... and got some dates, and prices ...... I thought it would be free ... but apparently all the money that is made from the club, goes straight back into it ! - so it's all good .......

Hire of the BBQ area (next to the main car park) = £40 for the day.

Hire of a 5 - a - side football pitch = £25 for the day

The dates that are available are as listed below :

SAT 4TH JUNE

SUN 5TH JUNE

SAT 11TH JUNE

SAT 18TH JUNE

SAT 25TH JUNE

SUN 26TH JUNE

Please let Stu know ........ of any dates that we think would be convenient ... then that would give everyone enough time to come to an arrangement, plus - I can then tell all the coppers @ work ... about this great idea ... I have already asked a few mates ... and they said "beer - bbq, and football - I'll be there" - so we are already getting some good responces !!

Regards,

just to throw this into the pot...

Now if we can get 80 people (8 teams of 10), made of not only members but friends, family, sponsors, coppers.

then we can have an its a knockout event like this and this

cost wise, when i enquired last year the full on one was about 3k plus vat (vat can be claimed back i think as we are doinga charity event) which is 40 quid a person,,

I for one would gladly pay 40 quid for a day of fun like that.. maybe even say pay 45/50 quid with the extra going to the charity.

now imagine if we get 40 coppers against 40 'civi's' that would be funny.. and no doubt will make the local press and im sure we could get a national rag to run a small bit...

dont forget its the scottish tour in june as well, which i think is the 10/11th, something to consider and is JAE the end of july this year?

It's a bit upsetting with the amount of responces we are getting for this people .....

It's for Charity ...... and it's going to be full of beer ..... sports ...... and food !

Can we start having some figures for this please ?

Some definate answers .... of who is up for it ...... and then a date will be arranged very soon.

Come on - let's get this going !! :D :D ........

Right - let's have some names ............... of players ...... price and date to be arranged very shortly ...... but you can be assured it's not going to break the bank, and it will be great fun !

I'll start ...............

Me

Stu

5 a-side for me but depending on date and place, bit impossible to drive 100+ miles then want to do any form of sports, by then the only thing i want is to sit down and rest.... :whistling: :duh: :yawn: ;)

and how about members who have RC cars bring 1 with them and have a race too?

like i said, i'm sure that there are some members that have spare rooms that can be used for the night before!

I see no reason why not to use the RC cars, but you'll have to check that with mr scarface!

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links