Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Piaa Super Plasma Gt-x's Installed

I took the pics today as I just got the bulbs deliverd this morning! I took them to compare before and after thinking that I may not be able to notice the difference much but I think the pics speak for themselves.

The plates are from shop in Poland when I was over there. Had them on car for 2 months now and been through known speed camera areas and nothing in the post yet!!

No way are they comaprable pictures

you've got the main beam on in the PIAA shots mate so hard to see the real difference, they dont look as bluey white as i would have expected.

i replaced all the bulbs at the front of my lex at the cost of £20 a year ago and the results were and still are great!

• 2 weeks later...

I must say today went for a meeting to Northampton and I really noticed that my Xenon lookalike headlights were rubbish compared to other car standard lights.

I know this has been done to death and warmed up again, but can anybody truly recommend which bulbs do make a big difference and please dont say HID's as I don't want to upgrade as it's too expensive!

Cheers chavvers! ;-)

There is no bulb that will come anywhere close

the Xenon bulbs are just a very different technology, they take something like 23,000 volts to get them going, and the light is produced by a spark and then an arc of electrickery keeps the Xenon gas excited.

any kind of fillament bult heats up the bit of wire to excite the gas and will never compare to Xenon

I spent around £200 on various different bulbs, piaa's philps etc and gave in and got a HID kit, so much better , then i sold the car a month later, oh well. I could have saved that £200 in the first place by getting the right thing to begin with, if your like me, you'll never be happy with 2nd best.

P.S. as from Today im no longer a Chav wooo :)

Best - similar white - bulbs for this bad weather conditions are Sylvania SilverStar (but from USA, not Europe!, about $40/pair) and the new Philips Blue Vision Ultra (about 25 Euro/pair).

And if you like you can modify the 9005/HB3 to fit as 9006/HB4 as a headlight bulb --> 65Watt. HowTo: LINK

Blue coated bulbs steals light!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links